Nebraska skiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska skiers

Anyone is the Omaha, NE area? I need a ski/ wakeboard partner this summer for when the wife isn’t feeling it (most days)

Originally posted by Cody2662 View Post
    Anyone is the Omaha, NE area? I need a ski/ wakeboard partner this summer for when the wife isn’t feeling it (most days)
    Where do you usually ride? Weekdays or weekends?
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Both. Weekdays after work and Friday mornings, weekends depends on how busy it is out at Beaver Lake

Comment

Both. Weekdays after work and Friday mornings, weekends depends on how busy it is out at Beaver Lake
        That's the private lake about 30 minutes south of Omaha, right? I went to Lake Manawa most weekdays but it was too busy on weekends.
        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

That’s the one. I went to Manawa once and it was busy, shallow, and kind of stinky. So I decided the extra fee for the private lake would be worth it

Comment

If there’s anyone in the area that knows how to do a full service on a ‘97 Prostar some help would be great. All I did in the fall was have someone come out and do a basic winterization. RV antifreeze, fuel stabilization, and engine fogged. I know I should had all the fluids changed and whatnot but they looked clean (bad me)

Comment

Any of you Nebraska guys ski at that lake near the airport with the slalom course?
              The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

I wasn’t aware there was one up there. I’ll have to go check it out now!

Comment

I wasn’t aware there was one up there. I’ll have to go check it out now!
                  I did not have a chance to check it out when I was working out that way, but a buddy of mine said he was part of a ski cub there. For all I know the course may not even be there and the club may longer exist but i'm curious as well

Edit: There's a website: http://users.metc.net/skibums/index.html has not been updated in a long time it seems
                  The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

Yeah I can’t find anything recent otherwise I probably would’ve joined. I’ll have to keep looking

Comment

Yeah I can’t find anything recent otherwise I probably would’ve joined. I’ll have to keep looking
                      There is an email on the homepage

Comment

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
                        I did not have a chance to check it out when I was working out that way, but a buddy of mine said he was part of a ski cub there. For all I know the course may not even be there and the club may longer exist but i'm curious as well

Edit: There's a website: http://users.metc.net/skibums/index.html has not been updated in a long time it seems
                        Yes, the course is still there. I run it occasionally but have never seen anyone else out there but that's probably because I sleep in on the weekends and get my sets in weekday evenings.

Anyone else here run the course or boat on Carter Lake?
                        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

@eecyclone Yes I'm a big fan of Carter and ran the slalom course a few years ago - Since then my friend bought a lakehouse on a different lake and graciously invites me multiple times per week in the am!

So now I am guilty of bringing the family to Carter and making some waves as we surf, wakeboard, slalom, foil at Carter, mostly in the evenings. I'm in an older X-30, see pic below and say hi if we see each other. I have seen one nice XT22 out there, is yours blue?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dparry View Post
                            @eecyclone Yes I'm a big fan of Carter and ran the slalom course a few years ago - Since then my friend bought a lakehouse on a different lake and graciously invites me multiple times per week in the am!

So now I am guilty of bringing the family to Carter and making some waves as we surf, wakeboard, slalom, foil at Carter, mostly in the evenings. I'm in an older X-30, see pic below and say hi if we see each other. I have seen one nice XT22 out there, is yours blue?

Hey! Yeah I’ve seen that boat on the lake a couple times. I have the white and navy XT22.

(Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
                              Yes, the course is still there. I run it occasionally but have never seen anyone else out there but that's probably because I sleep in on the weekends and get my sets in weekday evenings.

Anyone else here run the course or boat on Carter Lake?
                              I try and make it to carter once a week during the summer. The course is on the southwest side of the lake and is run by a different club than the website listed. That club shut down when the lake was dredged a few years back. It's a good secret as not many people go there during the week.
                              Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard!

Comment

Working...
                              X