• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PendO
    MC Maniac
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Diesel
    Now that I think about this............

Why not take a tug or a couple of MCs and just drag it off the mud? It's not going to cause any more damage than hitting the bar at 30mph. Probably should have just used brute force on the first night when the lake was still up.
    the mud is so sticky I don't think that the lifting rings will support the force (pulling it forward with the surface tension), imagine the boat sitting in wet concrete ..

yeah, the first night was probably the most likely, but it would have been tough to take the prop off underwater, at least with the water going down they were able to get the prop off and not need scuba gear
    Last edited by PendO; 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM.
    At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program

Comment

Eighty yards to deeper water isn't that far. I would get a good strong rope, several ski boats in series (or a tug boat), use Ryan's skid concept with couple of sheets of plywood on the bottom that serve as skis and load it on the skid and pull it out.

Comment

• ski_king
        MC Addict
        • Jul 2004

If the bottom is soft, get a gas powered pump from the fire department and set it on a inflatable boat next to the stuck boat.
        Use the output from the pump to cut away the mud and help float the boat while it is being pulled by other boats and being pushed.

But with only 3 in of water to work with, the fire pump will most likley be cavatating and/or sucking mud.
        STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

• dmayer84
          MC Devotee
          • Oct 2006

If the fire dept has enough line and can get close enough they might be able to suck from the lake and then pump it with the engine out the hose to loosen up the mud and then pull with some other boats.

Comment

You could also take a couple of the water trampolines one each side of the boat, build a hoist between the two and lift it up enough to float it to deep water. I think those tramps would life a lot and not sink more than 4-6 inches in the water.
            Attached Files

Comment

• maristarman
              TT Enthusiast
              • May 2005

What about chumming up to, or offering your boat services to the local high school football team?

Get some of them to rock/lift the boat to get your sled (or rollers) under it and then drag it out with another boat(s).

Nothing like good old manual labor sometimes.

Probably cheaper than hiring a helicopter.

Comment

• rodltg2
                MC Addict
                • Dec 2004

what about taking one of those huge water tramps and rolling the boat so the tramp is under it. then inflate it up, and drag the boat out with another boat. may not work but sounds cool to try!!

Comment

• TMCNo1
                  MC Hero
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jwhitsett1129
                  I must have missed something...like the original post about this...

Sounds awful. Does anyone have the link to the original post?
                  Nevermind!!
                  Last edited by TMCNo1; 03-20-2007, 05:24 PM.
                  Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
                  At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

• JimN
                    MC Master Poster
                    • Jul 2004

p-hat- The Romans didn't build the Great wall of China. http://www.ccds.charlotte.nc.us/Hist.../Tmuzzillo.htm

Or, was this like Bluto's "We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we?", from Animal House?

Comment

• JimN
                      MC Master Poster
                      • Jul 2004

Is there enough water around the boat to use a floating dock and tow the whole thing out to where it's deeper?

Comment

• Mag_Red
                        MC Addict
                        • Aug 2004

OK.....my drawing skills aren't as good as some, but here's another idea. Build, find two sleds. Connect them with some sort of hoist device that will lift the boat some. That way the weight will be spread over the surface area of the two sleds, and not the smaller area of the boat. This should make it much easier to drag toward the water. Other than the helicopter idea.........I got nothing!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• dmayer84
                          MC Devotee
                          • Oct 2006

Are there any monster trucks in the area. They could float out on their tires and then once on the sand bar pull the boat enough so that it can be freed and then take the monster truck back to shore.

Comment

• Sodar
                            MC Master Poster
                            • Nov 2004

I love everyone's enginuity, but I would be scared to lift a $50k boat with a make shift A-frame or other devices. This far I think the best and most economical way would be a submersible pump, pushing the sand away from the boat, like a wave does when you are standing at the beach in ankle deep water. The helicopter is by far and away the best idea and I think that after all these other options are said and done, the cost would be very comprable...

Either way, good luck Bear!! I wish you the best!!
                            -Cameron
                            2007 ProStar 197
                            1996 ProStar 190

Comment

• Mag_Red
                              MC Addict
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by dmayer84
                              Are there any monster trucks in the area. They could float out on their tires and then once on the sand bar pull the boat enough so that it can be freed and then take the monster truck back to shore.
                              WE have a winner! I would love to see all the crap in the boat after those tires sling mudd every where

Comment

• dmayer84
                                MC Devotee
                                • Oct 2006

I didnt say that it would keep the boat clean

Comment

Working...
                                X