Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of wetsuit / drysuit for a whale like me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmac
    Oh, to be so huge....

and I figured that was Toober Tom

Comment

Did you decide on a dry suit yet Staristar?
      Skidog, dont forget to take your Geritol.

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
      On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.

Comment

This thread turned out really gay
        Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
        Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric
          This thread turned out really gay
          Don't hide your Speedo jealousy Ric....

There's more to life than Dungeons and Dragons you know

Comment

Staristar...Have you thought about just getting a heater shirt? they're about a quarter of the cost of a dry suit and may be an option if you aren't using your suit 5 days a week. That may also solve your choker problem...
            Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

I bought a 4/3mm JetPilot CHAMBER Full Wetsuit last year from www.wetsuitwearhouse.com and love it. These guys were great to work with. Called em up cuz I didn't fit the size chart exactly got the right size the first time but they were ready to swap it if it wasn't right. Best prices I could find online as well.

The suit is flexible enough to ride in but built well. Definately keep warm and damn near dry for a wetsuit. First time I used it I did 2 sets with it without a vest because I forgot (new routine and feeling) and had some bouyancy, gives you an idea of how well it is sealed.

... 100% super stretch Zeeno Water Resistant Neoprene ... 100% sealed and taped ... seams with no exposed threads ...poly fleece lining ... The Hydro-Dam integrated interior Flex-Lite neoprene barrier adds leak prevention and warmth with an integrated neck gasket to insure a water tight seal.
              06 X-30

Why yes I do love a rampy wake with a firm lip. Thanks for asking.

Comment

I skipped the middle three pages of this, so hopefully this is not repetitive.

Get the drysuit, but for god sake done let it be uncomfortable. Cut the sucker.

go here and read this, and give your poor neck a break...

http://www.boatertalk.com/faq.php?id=5

I just bought a new drysuit, and even with the largest gaskets available still trimmed 3/4" off the wrists, 1/2" off the neck, and 1" off the ankles. It should be reasonably tight, yet comfortable. Personally, i would rather have a quarter teaspoon of water leak in than have my head blow off.

Comment

I skipped the middle three pages of this, so hopefully this is not repetitive.

Get the drysuit, but for god sake done let it be uncomfortable. Cut the sucker.

go here and read this, and give your poor neck a break...

http://www.boatertalk.com/faq.php?id=5

I just bought a new drysuit, and even with the largest gaskets available still trimmed 3/4" off the wrists, 1/2" off the neck, and 1" off the ankles. It should be reasonably tight, yet comfortable. Personally, i would rather have a quarter teaspoon of water leak in than have my head blow off.

Comment

Originally posted by SodarSki73
                    I am coming from a surfer's standpoint, where my suit is worn at least 3 times a weak and I sit in the water for hours on end. All the Ski Limited suits do not hold up very well in these conditions and from what I have seen are just stitched at the seams. I always go with a suit that has been glued, stitched and taped at the seams. Most of my suits could virtually be dry suits if they had a waterproof zipper and wrist and ankle seals because of this...

My truest apologies Doug!
                    Right on Soda-I have the old Oneill Assault. It was great. Over 12 years old and has been worn everyday some years.
                    2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Working...
                    X