X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay_Deep View Post
      This thread has been dormant for a while so here are some new photos. I think all the heavy hitters have moved on to newer models, but this is the best boat I have ever owned....so far. 2014 X-30, enjoy
      Stunning boat man, abso stunning!

Comment

• I've got a 2015 X-30 (can't believe it's that old already, but still love the boat), and I typically do all rear ballast full. Anyone experimented with listing the boat to the surf side a little, say 100% port 80% starboard when surfing port side? I read in another thread about someone doing that with an X24. I know it's a completely different boat, but it just got me wondering about that with mine. I will probably play around with that this weekend.

Comment

• There was a small problem when connecting the instrument panel and the MMDC unit. Nothing worked and did not do "bzzz" after turning on the ignition. I decided to check the entire unit in accordance with the instructions and found a bad contact in two separate fuses.which protect the power supply circuit and the ignition circuit. I tightened the screw on the ignition switch contact. Once again I checked the voltage of 7 volts for the power supply of the MMDC unit and it appeared. Perhaps this information will be useful to someone. Don't forget to check the ground wire too! it is very important.

How to measure the voltage of 7 volts.ON THE MMDS UNIT!
          7018-00001-01. 2001 year X-30. foto add/
          Connector 1 is connected,the voltage +12v is always applied to pin 12(battery).Turn the ignition key and the voltage of 12v should appear on contact 11 (ignition). Both of these circuits are protected by separate fuses in the wiring harness. Connector 2 must be disconnected during the measurement.We measure the voltage +7 volts at the contacts A and K of connector 2.

https://dealerlink.mastercraft.com/a...ual/gauges.pdf
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLX30 View Post
            I've got a 2015 X-30 (can't believe it's that old already, but still love the boat), and I typically do all rear ballast full. Anyone experimented with listing the boat to the surf side a little, say 100% port 80% starboard when surfing port side? I read in another thread about someone doing that with an X24. I know it's a completely different boat, but it just got me wondering about that with mine. I will probably play around with that this weekend.
            I dropped it to 80% and it worked well.
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Some pics of the "new to me" X30.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by arcticsnoman View Post
                Some pics of the "new to me" X30.
                Sharp ride! Love the colors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by arcticsnoman View Post
                  Some pics of the "new to me" X30.
                  Congratulations !! Love the color combo.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                    Just bought my first MC. Came from a 1956 vintage woody I restored with a 35hp. Big upgrade lol.

She’s a 07 X30 that has been a lifted, heated boat house queen with an ocd owner it’s whole life.
                    No dock dings and a like new gel coat still moist and shiny at 500hrs. I’m based out of Muskoka Ontario, in the great white north.

So a couple questions being a vdrive owner for the first time, at around 40mph I get a bit of a rear end wiggle side to side. Wondering if I need to check my rudder for slack play. Wheel is loose on the steering with no binding or anything like that. I can spin it like a 90’s pole position arcade game.
                    I’m just curious about the wiggle?

Oh yeah, and how do I add photos from my phone on here?

And also, I’ve totally quit wake surfing because I found a new hobby… foil surfing! Anybody else here wake foil? Don’t need to use the ballast, and don’t even need to use the surf tabs! It’s a second wake foilers dream behind this boat.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Masterfoilcraft; 07-21-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Congrats! I have an '06 X30 and love it. I rarely have my boat do 40, but when I do I don't remember anything out of the ordinary. I would grease your rudder then check for play. I probably have about 1/8" play in mine which I never notice. I remember reading up to 1/4" in play is acceptable. Anything above that you might want to consider repacking your rudder port.

For photos-
                      Go advanced > Manage attachments > Choose file > (select the photo you want to upload) > Upload.

I have tried foiling but suck pretty bad. I might need to invest in a foil board and learn. From what I can tell H20Ridr is pretty passionate about foiling lol.
                      -Tolman
                      '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                      '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• 15 years old, still running strong.
                        Attached Files
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                        '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                          Congrats! I have an '06 X30 and love it. I rarely have my boat do 40, but when I do I don't remember anything out of the ordinary. I would grease your rudder then check for play. I probably have about 1/8" play in mine which I never notice. I remember reading up to 1/4" in play is acceptable. Anything above that you might want to consider repacking your rudder port.

For photos-
                          Go advanced > Manage attachments > Choose file > (select the photo you want to upload) > Upload.

I have tried foiling but suck pretty bad. I might need to invest in a foil board and learn. From what I can tell H20Ridr is pretty passionate about foiling lol.
                          Where do I grease the rudder? In the engine bay rondo I have to have the boat out of the water? Totally capable to check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterfoilcraft View Post
                            Where do I grease the rudder? In the engine bay rondo I have to have the boat out of the water? Totally capable to check.
                            You should have a grease zerk on your rudder port that you can grease it with- technically you can do it in the water, but my preferred method is to do it out of water so you can ensure grease comes out of the tiny hole on the bottom. My boat is weird and doesn't have a zerk on the port so I have to pull the rudder and grease it by hand. Im pretty sure they changed that in late 2006 though.
                            -Tolman
                            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                            '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• If your rudder port does’nt have a grease zerk you can send it to OJ fir a rebuild and they’ll add the zerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                                You should have a grease zerk on your rudder port that you can grease it with- technically you can do it in the water, but my preferred method is to do it out of water so you can ensure grease comes out of the tiny hole on the bottom. My boat is weird and doesn't have a zerk on the port so I have to pull the rudder and grease it by hand. Im pretty sure they changed that in late 2006 though.
                                Is the zerk in the hull or on the underside?

Comment

Working...
                                X