Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG1772
    replied
    Does anybody have the schematic? The link at the begining of this post is no longer valid.

Google is good. Found the post on that other boat site. Here is the current link: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...-Clarion-XMD-1
    Last edited by BG1772; 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM. Reason: answered my own question

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Hit you back

Leave a comment:

• DBrown2
    replied
    CruisinGa you get my PM?

Leave a comment:

• DBrown2
    replied
    Bailey you have a PM. Your own... for the offer

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Want to buy two of everything, send it my way, and I'll put a couple together?

Planning on doing mine so that there is a plug in the glovebox and at the drivers cupholder.

Leave a comment:

• DBrown2
    replied
    Cruisin GA sweet on the FJ list, the 73 is Stoked, lifted, and Chromo'd axle up... The 88 is Expendition Ready, then I got a Fully on Yota Based Buggy...

As for the cord, just lazy, and not to electrical friendly... But I figure that is the best way to go... Feel like putting me one together??

Leave a comment:

• timvan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaun315 View Post
    I'll post some pics when I get it installed, I've got the unit sitting in my garage, just been busy spring cleaning at the lake place. The dimensions are pretty close, hopefully it's a drop in replacement, otherwise I'll have to find/fab an adapter plate.
    Please keep us (me) posted...Im ready to pull the trigger to have more music options

Leave a comment:

• Shaun315
    replied
    Originally posted by timvan View Post
    Hows this unit fit compared to the XMD?
    I'll post some pics when I get it installed, I've got the unit sitting in my garage, just been busy spring cleaning at the lake place. The dimensions are pretty close, hopefully it's a drop in replacement, otherwise I'll have to find/fab an adapter plate.

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Dbrown-
    I've got a '93 80 and '74 40, both locked and lifted w/ winches that get used. Also got a '53 Willys wagon, but I don't talk about that much. Rest of the family has a 100, another 80, and a 4runner.

What's holding you back from making a cable for your XMD1? I get pretty decent sound through the good Belkin FM transmitter I used to have (before it got stolen), but I would still prefer to have a wired aux. in.

Leave a comment:

• timvan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaun315 View Post
    I went this route, upgraded to the CMD6 (from the XMD1)... More pre-outs, better iPod interface, and the USB port plays music off thumb drives as well(WMA/ACC/MP3).
    Hows this unit fit compared to the XMD?

Leave a comment:

• DBrown2
    replied
    CruisinGa... (What Cruiser you got, I own a FJ100, 62, and 40)
    That is where I am... Went shopping, and the FMtransmitters are much better than my 5 year old one... Now they have autoscan for best frequency and signal strength... So was kicking around just buying a new FM deal, Looked at the Monster and the Belkin Models...
    Anyone doing this and getting good sound?

Secondly I just got the New Verizon Incredible phone, and I can buy a bluetooth/FM signal converter, and it will transmit my Pandora or Sat radio into the boat via radio.

Anyone got a old Cord, they dont need anymore that they made?

Leave a comment:

• Shaun315
    replied
    Originally posted by DBrown2 View Post
    Bumping This up... XMD1 is my unit just wondering if I should waiste my time or just get a new Head unit..

Since this is 3 years old, what is everyone doing now or has there been a plug and play cord built?
    I went this route, upgraded to the CMD6 (from the XMD1)... More pre-outs, better iPod interface, and the USB port plays music off thumb drives as well(WMA/ACC/MP3).

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    From what I've read you still have to make your own cable, but once you do, the sound is the same or comparable to the aux input on XMD3 or newer. I don't know why grantroberts did not sound good. Judging from my experience with a similar setup in my Land Cruiser, it probably won't be as clear as CD, but ought to be better than using a RF transmitter etc

Leave a comment:

• DBrown2
    replied
    Bumping This up... XMD1 is my unit just wondering if I should waiste my time or just get a new Head unit..

Since this is 3 years old, what is everyone doing now or has there been a plug and play cord built?

Leave a comment:

• grantroberts
    replied
    No static, just NOT clear or crisp. Sounds real mid-rangey. Not full - compared to a CD (which sounds great on my system). And, yeah, its the stereo plug....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X