08 197 fold platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 197 fold platform?

I heard that the 197's will have a fold down swim platform....

anyone know? pics?

That would be a cool feature. The Elan American Skiers had that and I thought it was pretty simple and convenient for storage purposes
    sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

I've seen it on the 08 X2 and it is cool, however, I don't know about the PS197.

Comment

OJ Props makes a product like that and they are probably the supplier to MC.
        Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
        At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

It would be especially great if it was something that could be purchased and used with existing 197s. Hopefully, it uses the same brackets etc. and this is a possibility. I would be interested in it.

Comment

08' 197 platforms do fold down! Its a very cool system but the brackets are totally different than the previous style.

After using the new folding system I am wondering why someone didnt think of this 20+ years ago!
            www.waterskis.com
            http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

Comment

Originally posted by corey
              08' 197 platforms do fold down! Its a very cool system but the brackets are totally different than the previous style.

After using the new folding system I am wondering why someone didnt think of this 20+ years ago!
              Can you convert an '07 to the new system?
              -Cameron
              2007 ProStar 197
              1996 ProStar 190

Comment

I am not sure if you could retro fit the system or not, I would "assume" you could as the hull and platform did not change. I don't know if the new brackets use the same mounting pattern as the old ones as the brackets on the boat come mounted from the factory.

I installed brackets on a 78' Correct Craft because it had no platform.s As long as you are comfortable drilling through your boat below the waterline you could do the retrofit even if the holes were different though.
                www.waterskis.com
                http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

Comment

any pictures, somebody has to have one...

Comment

Originally posted by floridamastercraft
                    I heard that the 197's will have a fold down swim platform....

anyone know? pics?
                    Here it is on my X14. It's really kinda cool. You pull the two pins, lift up and pull out, and it swings down. If you needed to take the platform off in the past to get into your garage this makes that much easier. On the other hand, if you like to remove it to work on it you'll have to remove the two bolts.
                    Attached Files

Comment

oh that is sweet. may have to look into that for my 07

Comment

Saw it on an x-14 yesterday. Looks very slick.

Mess

Comment

The brackets will retro fit back to 95'.
                          Eric Johnson
                          Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
                          [email protected]
                          ojprops.com
                          800-359-9730

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OhioX14
                            Here it is on my X14. It's really kinda cool. You pull the two pins, lift up and pull out, and it swings down. If you needed to take the platform off in the past to get into your garage this makes that much easier. On the other hand, if you like to remove it to work on it you'll have to remove the two bolts.
                            Wow-He posted that so fast that it would make Gene's head spin!
                            2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

ok THAT is awesome but the pic tells me it might not hang vertically in my garage because of the wheel stop where the stern sits in the garage.
                              Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
                              Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Comment

Working...
                              X