Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a(nother) question about an 04 X-star

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/1/90098681.htm

Thanks for the advice on the other x-star I was looking at. My new question is will I really be unsatisfied with a 350 hp x-star? It says in this ad that it has the MCX that I heard you guys talking about but it still shows 350 hp which you all are saying is not enough. What I am wondering is that all the other non-MC boats I have been looking at all have 350 or less hp in them. So what is the big deal? I'm not going to find a boat with all that under $40k it seems
    Live Fast...Die Fun

WOW now that is a green boat.

Comment

wow, i think i just became blind

that should be plenty of hp's as long as you don't add a bunch of extra weight and go with the wake prop
      Last edited by ttu; 09-26-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Salesman at my dealer runs a ton of weight in his 06 X-Star and he has the MCX. Like ttu said, get the wakeboard prop.....
        www.nwboatsports.com
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

2004 w/ 75 Hours

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/se...&sortDir=DESC&
          James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
          Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
          (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

Based on the asking price, options and having the right engine this is the boat to buy! Hell I may call!
            "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

Les Grossman

Comment

With the right prop you can do just about anything. The 350 is pleanty of power for an X-star. That is one sweet color by the way. Good luck!
              -Lenny

2007 MasterCraft X-1, RTP-1, Ballast, MC Cruise, swivel board racks, Glacier White and Midnight Black

Comment

Dealers-- what is the advantage in the X-star to go with the 400HP or 450HP If you are saying the 350 is large enough, will you just be wasting fuel , no more top end speed, out of the hole quicker???
                Mastercraft 06 X-Star 8.1L

Comment

Originally posted by magnum
                  Dealers-- what is the advantage in the X-star to go with the 400HP or 450HP If you are saying the 350 is large enough, will you just be wasting fuel , no more top end speed, out of the hole quicker???
                  This question comes up all the time...

You will NEVER hear me say that the 350MCX is enough for an X-Star. We do not order stock X-Stars with anything less than the LY6 and most are sold with L-18. Other than ALL the performance advantage of the larger engines RESALE should be your other factor, with an L-18 the engine is actually worth more according to the NADA book than you paid for it at the end of the first year.

Top speed is drag dependent (it rises at the square of the velocity), but hole shot and fuel economy is better with the larger engines...and so is resale (or did I mention that). The larger engine makes for a better experience all the way around.

Les Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeauty02
                    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/1/90098681.htm

Thanks for the advice on the other x-star I was looking at. My new question is will I really be unsatisfied with a 350 hp x-star? It says in this ad that it has the MCX that I heard you guys talking about but it still shows 350 hp which you all are saying is not enough. What I am wondering is that all the other non-MC boats I have been looking at all have 350 or less hp in them. So what is the big deal? I'm not going to find a boat with all that under $40k it seems
                    Buy the boat at BAWS...Jim is a stand up guy as many on this board can attest, and he is an MC dealer so you know the boat is right. You'd get the bigger engine and you wouldn't be stuck with lime green...remember you may love the color but sooner or later you'll want to sell it and then you'll need to find you all over again.

Les Grossman

Comment

ACME #1285 is perfect for the MCX-Xstar combo.
                      05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                      15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

wow, I thought my boat was green...

285 hp is enough for me...

Comment

The 350 hp should be plenty. There's pro's running the MCX with tons of extra ballast(2500-400 lbs) and they have not had any problems. All you got to do is re-prop if you plan on adding a lot of extra weight.

Comment

Really I think 310hp is plenty...there has to be a prop available to make this work. We have 12.5X12, is 5000 rpm too much for sustained operation? LOL

Les Grossman

Comment

Well, I think we have official beat the horse to death on this one! So, Mike, I was thinking of buying a new X-80, is a single 310hp enough!?!?!?

-Cameron
                              2007 ProStar 197
                              1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Working...
                              X