Mastercraft Hull Warranty??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft Hull Warranty??

Does Mastercraft have a lifetime hull warranty?

I bought my boat last year and never did warranty transfer.

Does anyone know how to do a transfer?

What does the warranty cover?

I beleive the hull warranty is only for the original purchaser?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
    She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

I read on the site that it can be transferred once.

Does it cover severe blistering?

Comment

hmm that is a good question that one of the dealerships on here should be able to answer for ya!
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
        She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by beatle78

I am about 99.99% sure that the hull warranty does NOT cover blistering.
          sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

I doubt it, gel coat is not considered structural, the hull warranty is for structural items. blistering is usally caused by being stored in the water without anti-foulant paint.
            06 AWSA Approved Towboat

Comment

From my experience, I don't believe blisters will be covered.
              sigpicwww.boathouseh2o.com

Comment

From posts here over the years, blisters are occasionally covered, but at the discretion of MasterCraft on a case-by-case basis. The warranty specifically excludes blistering, and has since the '80s.

There is a lifetime warranty on the deck, hull, liner and stringers, for your year, but only for the original purchaser. For subsequent purchasers, the warranty has to be specifically transferred and a fee paid, but that warranty expires 5 years after the original date of delivery. If your boat is a 2001, there apparently is no warranty any longer.

This is all according to your owner's manual, but if you have a hull issue, I'd sure take it up with your dealer. MasterCraft tends to stand behind their product, and you may get some rhythm from them on some items. I doubt that blistering would be one of them, however.
                '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Originally posted by beatle78

No it DOES NOT cover blistering.

[email protected]
                  James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                  Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                  (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

I have a soft spot(most likely delaminating, since it flexes down when weighted) of my floor behind the divers seat. Is this covered? I am not the original owner of my 99, probably the third+ owner. Jamie
                    08 Correct Craft Ski Nautique 196 343 HP 350 MPI EFI
                    Previous Boats:
                    99 MasterCraft SportStar CB 310 HP 350 TBI EFI
                    98 Moomba Boomerang 310 HP 350 Carb
                    88 MC PowerSlot 240 HP 351 Carb Black on White

Comment

Originally posted by VTJC
                      I have a soft spot(most likely delaminating, since it flexes down when weighted) of my floor behind the divers seat. Is this covered? I am not the original owner of my 99, probably the third+ owner. Jamie
                      I think your floor is honeycomb aluminum. IIRC some people have peeled their carpet back and filled the honeycomb with epoxy, some have replaced with marine-grade plywood and a coat of resin.
                      bigmac
                      MC Platinum
                      Last edited by bigmac; 11-04-2007, 01:46 PM.
                      '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

I thought the floor behind the seat would be part of the fiberglass liner and honey comb used in the center by the pylon and behind the engine in the center???
                        06 AWSA Approved Towboat

Comment

Originally posted by G-man
                          I thought the floor behind the seat would be part of the fiberglass liner and honey comb used in the center by the pylon and behind the engine in the center???
                          Yeh, that could be.
                          '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

That SUCKS!

I'm soooooooooo dissapointed in Mastercraft right now. There were a lot of blisters that appeared over the summer that I didn't notice until I pulled the boat out of the water this weekend!!!!

Def not something I would expect from one of the best boat manufacturer's out there.

Comment

it's not a problem with the manufacture of the boat as it is a property of gel coat
                              06 AWSA Approved Towboat

Comment

Working...
                              X