Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time out with new boat...is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time out with new boat...is this normal?

We took our new X-10 out for the 1st time on Sun. It would seem we had some water trouble. What do you think?

Was the boat stored inside? did any snow melt or rain get in the boat before you took it out?

Comment

Did you figure out where it came from?
      1991 Prostar 190 - Ambush 4 blade prop

Comment

Yes the drain plug is in (both of them). The pictures are of the storage compartments on either side of the engine and the are where you pull the drain plug. The main hose that pulls water into the water pump came off and was pumping water into the boat faster than the bilge could pump it out. My husband said he wanted more ballast. Luckily it would seem no damage was done to the engine. It was disappointing to take the boat out and not bring it home. We left it at the dealer to be fixed. It is home already fixed and ready for the next time out. Just a clamp that came off, but could have been very bad!!

Comment

In that second picture it looks like there is a goldfish looking up at you through the water.
          sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

The worst part about it all is the dealer just had it and did the inspection on it and water tested it. They should've noticed that something was wrong. When we were loading the boat, getting ready to go out Sun. my husband jumped into one the storage compartments and it was soaked then, which means when they water tested the boat the hose must have been partly off then.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2005, 11:23 AM.

Comment

The hose must not have been all the way off at first, because we were out for about two hours or so before we really noticed the water. We did think it was odd that the bildge kept kicking on throught the day. New boat, different from our old one, seemed to be running fine so we didn't get too excited. This could be why we couldn't get the heater to work though. It wasn't pushing enough water though.

Comment

Will say until the trouble we loved the boat. The throttle by wire is awesome, took a little to get used to. I kept waiting to hear the clunk when it went into gear like with our old boat. Can't wait to get a pull behind it.

Comment

Seems you are lucky the boat did not overheat with the main water hose being off and all.
                  If my words don't make sense, try reading them backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by bcampbe7
                    Seems you are lucky the boat did not overheat with the main water hose being off and all.
                    Agreed. Amazes me that they'd miss tightening hose clamps.. that's BS..I'd raise some Cain with the dealer...
                    (maybe get a free trucker's hat)
                    2002 MariStar 210 VRS 330hp, Tower, Perfect Pass Stargazer, Bimini, Triple KGB Ballast, 400w Clarion XMD3, Bennett X-14 Wake Plate, 1000+ hours and still running great!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pristine, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "-- WOW--What a Ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by NeilM
                      If my words don't make sense, try reading them backwards.

Comment

Seen this happen a couple of times. During the winterizing of the boat, they pulled the hose. Then never clamped the hose back down. I'm guessing the boat was never water tested, even if they say it was. I've done this too & when I water tested the boat, a simple look at the engine & it was obvious something wasn't right.
                        Your best bet might be to get a check list & either do the water test in the spring with the dealer or do it yourself.
                        -
                        Bill
                        -former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....

Comment

Originally posted by NeilM
                          Agreed. Amazes me that they'd miss tightening hose clamps.. that's BS..I'd raise some Cain with the dealer...
                          Now that's funny! Sad, but funny.
                          2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Originally posted by tex
                            Now that's funny! Sad, but funny.
                            Thanks guys, we didn't think it was too funny. Might have been funnier if the boat wasn't brand new and its first time out!!! In the end all is OK, we have the boat back already and no damage done.

Comment

i was filling the fat sack last week,and left the pump on when it was full to keep up the pressure in the sack....neither i nor my "observer" noticed the hose had come off and was pumping the lake into my boat...it had submerged my rear speakers before my wife asked"is that normal?"......... i wondered why the wake was moosive....
                              KEEP YA TOES UP!!!!!

2004 X9 MCX ALL BLACK

http://www.prwb.net/tallington/index.php?id=12

nice older x-boat at berth in the advertisment above

Comment

Working...
                              X