'05 Bow Walk Through Door Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 Bow Walk Through Door Replacement

I have an '05 X2 (X1) which has the fabric snap in walk through door to block air flow from the bow. When I bought it the guy said he had never owned the snap in cover so I'm looking to buy or make one. Anyone know where I can buy one and the proper name for this piece?

Or has anyone made their own? Should be pretty simple to cut some fabric and attach some snaps, making it the right size would be the trick. I was thinking about using some sort of neoprene or rubber with some elasticity so cutting it to the perfect size wouldn't be an issue.

Thoughts?

My 98 205 walkway cover is canvas. It has been used on the boat once, the month I bought it back in Jan 98. BUs are made out of plexiglass. If I used it alot, and still had kids at home, the plexiglass with a hinge would be nice since the canvas is too high for kids to step over. Maybe you could move to a warmer climate where the water doesn't get hard. Lake Norman water temp today is 87 deg

Comment

Originally posted by bzmillerboy View Post
      I have an '05 X2 (X1) which has the fabric snap in walk through door to block air flow from the bow. When I bought it the guy said he had never owned the snap in cover so I'm looking to buy or make one. Anyone know where I can buy one and the proper name for this piece?

Or has anyone made their own? Should be pretty simple to cut some fabric and attach some snaps, making it the right size would be the trick. I was thinking about using some sort of neoprene or rubber with some elasticity so cutting it to the perfect size wouldn't be an issue.

Thoughts?
      I looked into getting a canvas maker to make one. IIRC he wanted about $75. I don't recall what the OEM cost was. As it turns out, my dealer told me I was supposed to have one, so he ordered it up and gave it to me no charge.

I do know that the snaps are readily available from Overtons and West Marine.
      '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

I don't remember what i paid for ours but I got it from http://mymastercraft.com/. I don't remember it being very expensive, and yes, it is made out of nice canvas.

Comment

A walkthrough wind block could probably be made out of any kind of fabric (probably wouldn't have to be waterproof) and ought to be pretty simple to cut and hem for anyone capable of using scissors and a sewing machine. I note that the MC OEM version is reinforced with some nylon stripping where the snaps go through. As to snaps, also pretty simple...

Snap fastener kit...

'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Working...
          X