• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double D View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3162FA41-C7B3-4320-808C-18FB49028B5B.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	2694784

I don’t have an issue. If you click the arrow I circled it takes you to the last comment in the thread. The other arrow to the left of the subject takes you to your last known position in the thread.
    Perfect. Thx.
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
    "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
    FJB

Comment

I notice the post count appears to be down each day. I'm now spending more time on other sites as I'm still not enjoying these changes.

Comment

Even us in warmer places are getting out less due to the days with good boating weather being fewer and farther between, so that likely contributes each year to the slump.
        Tim
        2021 Lone Star MasterBash
        Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
        1995 MC ProStar 205
        ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
          I notice the post count appears to be down each day. I'm now spending more time on other sites as I'm still not enjoying these changes.
          +1 ...
          93 190

Comment

It works the same as before, what is the big deal? There are few posts because it's not boating season.

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post

It works the same as before, what is the big deal? There are few posts because it's not boating season.
              probably a skier...same type of complaint as they do when wakesurfers are on their water

Comment

Originally posted by jtryon View Post

probably a skier...same type of complaint as they do when wakesurfers are on their water
                I will never back down that wakesurfing is lame and it's too easy for inexperienced folks to kill a lake's water lol. Foiling is making it worse with people taking up 200ft riding off the 2nd or 3rd wake. Go live by the ocean and actually surf /rant (lol)

Super off topic, sorry.

I like the new forum.
                Tim
                2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post

I guess the term "appears" was missed. I go online every morning to see what is happening in my boating world. Yes it is definitely that time of year, but I thought I noticed a reduction in daily posts.

Comment

Originally posted by jtryon View Post

You are correct, I am a skier and thanks for noticing. I also own a surf boat for the afternoons on our lake. I really dont see your point though. Try again maybe.

Comment

Probably archiving old post and when they do they get pulled out the DB thus lowering post counts. I, for one, am all for removing post counts altogether.
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

Probably archiving old post and when they do they get pulled out the DB thus lowering post counts. I, for one, am all for removing post counts altogether.
                        That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

I'm not hung up on the post counts other than I like the idea of seeing if someone posting has been an active member of the site, especially if they're selling something. We get a lot of 1 post wonders peddling their boats, parts, skis, whatever which is great but I have to say I feel a lot better buying from or selling to someone with 500 to 1000 posts than someone with 5.

I honestly don't see the down side of post counts unless you're somehow worried about post equity. In which case I guess we could implement forced Critical Post Training.....

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post

I'm not hung up on the post counts other than I like the idea of seeing if someone posting has been an active member of the site, especially if they're selling something. We get a lot of 1 post wonders peddling their boats, parts, skis, whatever which is great but I have to say I feel a lot better buying from or selling to someone with 500 to 1000 posts than someone with 5.

I honestly don't see the down side of post counts unless you're somehow worried about post equity. In which case I guess we could implement forced Critical Post Training.....
                            For sure makes it easier to mouth off to the one post wonders just trying to find more visibility for their boat sale, when they don't care at all about the forum at all. 'Original MSRP of... so here I'm selling it for exactly what I paid for it' and then never log on again.

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	3162FA41-C7B3-4320-808C-18FB49028B5B.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	2694784

I don’t have an issue. If you click the arrow I circled it takes you to the last comment in the thread. The other arrow to the left of the subject takes you to your last known position in the thread.
                              Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
                              X