Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 XT22 Officially Released…

https://www.mastercraft.com/boats/xt22

The specs put it right next to the X22. Only 15lbs lighter and more fuel capacity.

Also caught an interesting blurb at the end of the video. Mastercare - 5 year/500 hour warranty. When did the number of hours come in? In the brochure for the 2022 line up, it still only states Mastercare as 5 year. Changed for XT22?
    2022 XSTARS
    2020 X22
    2019 XT22
    2017 XT20

Looks great to me. I like the new XT24 and looks like this one is just a shrunken down version in the cockpit.

Comment

Oh me rike
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Interesting that it has 50 lbs more ballast than the XT23... it'll likely put out a nice wave. I like.
        -Tolman
        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

I am a little confused as to why they are making it compete so close to the x22. I get that everyone is addicted to surfing but they are getting away from the do it all boat the xt line is right now.
          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Looking good. Hull looks just like the XT24. Price is just what I was hoping for. So confused, I was ready to forget about ever getting a new boat.

Comment

I am really liking the Transom setup. I would say this is the biggest feature aside from the new ballast setup and such. Only if pricing would go back down to Circa 2018
              2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

This looks like a meaningful refresh, some quick thoughts:

1) Let’s hear it for spokesperson, Faith Tucker. She had me at hello.

2) +2 to the meaningful surf and wake upgrades including ballast, total weight, new software, beefy/techy actuators, larger fuel tank, and what appears to be the newer generation fore belly bulge hull trickled down from the Xboats. Wondering what other hull tweaks there may be at the transom?

3) Details got punched up including step pad at walkthrough, new gen towers, quilted seats and flooring geometry match, gel schemes. Wondering what the new square hatch provides to left of helm seat?

4) Phone slots beneath gunnels with wireless charging option. Slick.

5) Transom seat and flip ups look sharp and when stowed prevent the stray missing step down into a full transom lounge seat which can send you into the drink pretty quickly (even sober).

6) Note in addition to 5 year 500 hour boat warranty, Illmore engine warranty is 7 years 1000 hours.

For the record, I had christened the new X24 the Surf Star a couple seasons back. Faith should thank me, in person.

I’ll not ***** about pricing and Klipsch since the above upgrades are material. Well done MC.

Comment

No concerns about the 5 year/500 hour MasterCare warranty? Now you can only put on 100 hours per season to maximize the warranty time. That might be OK for the majority of folks, but some of those in the sunbelt with an extended season, this could be an issue.
                  2022 XSTARS
                  2020 X22
                  2019 XT22
                  2017 XT20

Comment

Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                    No concerns about the 5 year/500 hour MasterCare warranty? Now you can only put on 100 hours per season to maximize the warranty time. That might be OK for the majority of folks, but some of those in the sunbelt with an extended season, this could be an issue.

pretty sure your 2020 has a 5 year 500 hour warranty.

id say 98% of new buyers don’t do 100 hrs a year though.
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

pretty sure your 2020 has a 5 year 500 hour warranty.

id say 98% of new buyers don’t do 100 hrs a year though.
                      From the 2020 MC Owners Manual, the exceptions to the 5 year warranty are:
                      1. Deck, Hull, Liner and Stringers - Lifetime for the original owner only
                      2. Gel Coat - 1 year
                      3. Engine - 7 years or 1000 hours, whichever comes first
                      4. Screens - 3 years or 600 hours, whichever comes first
                      5. SeaDek Flooring and Pads - 2 years or 600 hours, whichever comes first
                      6. Trailer and Trailer component parts - 5 years, Paint 1 year.

All other components parts regardless of hours are under warranty for 5 years. But like you say, most will not go over 100hrs per year.

2022 XSTARS
                      2020 X22
                      2019 XT22
                      2017 XT20

Comment

We average 150 hours per season. This new 500 hour warranty limit is somewhat irrational considering the massive price hikes in recent years. I love this new XT22, but MCBH seems less willing to stand firmly behind a well used boat for five full years now it appears.
                        Last edited by FoggyNogginz; 11-19-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Got to look at the new XT24 today. Much improved. New XT22 should be a super boat. Looks like MC is listening on several things and keeping the stuff that works.

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
                            We average 150 hours per season. This new 500 hour warranty limit is somewhat irrational considering the massive price hikes in recent years. I love this new XT22, but MCBH seems less willing to stand firmly behind a well used boat for five full years now it appears.
                            Do you complain about your trucks bumper to bumper only being 36k miles?
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Do you complain about your trucks bumper to bumper only being 36k miles?
                              Foggy has a point though, spending more money for less warranty is kinda backwards in my book
                              -Tolman
                              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                              '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Working...
                              X