2022 XT22 Officially Released…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

Foggy has a point though, spending more money for less warranty is kinda backwards in my book
    I see both sides though, I totally see how the hour limit makes sense. I’m not doing 500hrs in 5 years though, so I can’t imagine it really hurts a lot of customers
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Do you complain about your trucks bumper to bumper only being 36k miles?
      No, but my truck doesn’t cost 200k and I have an option to pay for an extended warranty at a fairly reasonable price compared to my truck price. If Mastercraft offered an extended warranty option, I bet quite a few new boat buyers would opt for that and it would have an added effect of causing MC to up their quality and reliability game a bit. Could be an additional profit center in the long run.

2022 XSTARS
      2020 X22
      2019 XT22
      2017 XT20

Comment

Originally posted by MCOR View Post

No, but my truck doesn’t cost 200k and I have an option to pay for an extended warranty at a fairly reasonable price compared to my truck price. If Mastercraft offered an extended warranty option, I bet quite a few new boat buyers would opt for that and it would have an added effect of causing MC to up their quality and reliability game a bit. Could be an additional profit center in the long run.
        Porsche, Ferrari, mclaren etc all have mileage warranties though too. I would talk to your dealer about an aftermarket extended warranty as that does exist and is fairly reasonable.
        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:

Comment

Porsche, Ferrari, mclaren etc all have mileage warranties though too. I would talk to your dealer about an aftermarket extended warranty as that does exist and is fairly reasonable.
          Porsche and McLaren do have limited mileage warranties, with the latter offering an extended, but confusing termed 12 year/unlimited miles extended warranty. However, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Bentley offer a 3 year/unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty and Rolls Royce offers a 4 year/unlimited miles warranty.

RR Ghost starting retail is 311K
          XStar S with most options is over 325K
          2022 XSTARS
          2020 X22
          2019 XT22
          2017 XT20

Comment

Porsche and McLaren do have limited mileage warranties, with the latter offering an extended, but confusing termed 12 year/unlimited miles extended warranty. However, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Bentley offer a 3 year/unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty and Rolls Royce offers a 4 year/unlimited miles warranty.

RR Ghost starting retail is 311K
            XStar S with most options is over 325K
            Ferrari does require yearly inspections to maintain that warranty. Plus, they commit odometer fraud all the time anyways to uphold resale value.

i still stand by the hour warranty being a good idea. Why should a 5 year old boat with 1000 hours have a warranty? To me it’s merely common business sense.
            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:

Comment

Ferrari does require yearly inspections to maintain that warranty. Plus, they commit odometer fraud all the time anyways to uphold resale value.

i still stand by the hour warranty being a good idea. Why should a 5 year old boat with 1000 hours have a warranty? To me it’s merely common business sense.
              Agreed, the average user does 50 hours. I've done 125 and 10 in various years. I don't see a need to warranty past 500 hours.
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Next boat I put 500 hours on would be the first haha!

Comment

I’m thinking it would affect an owners more like Black and Green who puts quite a few hours in a season. I believe I saw 350+ this year alone. If he ever decides to keep a boat longer than a year, this could be an issue for resale. I’m thinking less engine and more the other stuff like upholstery and electronics, etc. Just seems like they are not standing behind their product like they used to.

For a car engine, 1000hrs at an average of 40mph is 40K miles. That’s mixed use city/highway say, so not bad for a used car. But a boat at surfing speed is doing 11mph. At 1000hrs, that only 11K miles on a much more ruggedized motor, just sayin’…
                  2022 XSTARS
                  2020 X22
                  2019 XT22
                  2017 XT20

Comment

I’m thinking it would affect an owners more like Black and Green who puts quite a few hours in a season. I believe I saw 350+ this year alone. If he ever decides to keep a boat longer than a year, this could be an issue for resale. I’m thinking less engine and more the other stuff like upholstery and electronics, etc. Just seems like they are not standing behind their product like they used to.

For a car engine, 1000hrs at an average of 40mph is 40K miles. That’s mixed use city/highway say, so not bad for a used car. But a boat at surfing speed is doing 11mph. At 1000hrs, that only 11K miles on a much more ruggedized motor, just sayin’…

i would say the surfing comparison to miles isn’t exactly apples to apples though. That’s more like 100k miles rather than 11k given the stress on the engine. Think of engine load on a boat surfing at 4500rpm vs a truck cruising at 1500rpm with no load.
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

Can we get back to talking about the actual boat and not just the warranty? This thing is beautiful and I’ve spent the past week trying to figure out which kid I want to sell in order to afford it.
                      Troy

Comment

Do you complain about your trucks bumper to bumper only being 36k miles?
                        No, because I paid 4x more for my boat. Did you have a point, or just trolling?

Comment

Every year I look at the new gel patterns on these boats and just scratch my head.
                          2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                          "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                          Taxation = Theft

Comment

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
                            Every year I look at the new gel patterns on these boats and just scratch my head.
                            IDK, I think the last 5-6 years are betther than the 5-6 previous. But I'm still a fan of just the earlier lines.

Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post

No, because I paid 4x more for my boat. Did you have a point, or just trolling?
                              If you can’t see the relevancy I can’t help you. I don’t see how cost plays any factor in length of warranty. You are a well above average user, just as I drive 30k miles a year. I don’t expect my $100k trucks to have a forever warranty on them.
                              Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:

Comment

If you can’t see the relevancy I can’t help you. I don’t see how cost plays any factor in length of warranty. You are a well above average user, just as I drive 30k miles a year. I don’t expect my $100k trucks to have a forever warranty on them.

Not looking for your help on relevance, Aric. Not gonna play that game either.

Cost plays into expectations with every major purchase. When you buy a top brand, you expect more. That's why my high end auto dealer picks the car up at the house for "free" and brings it back washed and serviced in a highly convenient way. My Toyota dealer on the other hand, pushes out recalls for months. Pay more / get more makes sense...so I get it.

After owning five MasterCraft boats for 20 years, watching prices grow faster than weeds, and seeing my number of warranty claims increase with each new boat while warranties become less comprehensive yet more expensive to transfer...I've earned my perspective. And since this is a forum about boats, that's the opinion I have respectfully submitted.

Comment

Working...
                                X