Battery Care / Charger options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Care / Charger options

One thing I realized this weekend that I neglected to configure on my new XT24 - Battery Charger. In all the last minute changes some how it got left off my build sheet. Is this something easily added after the fact? Or is there a better aftermarket option? My '18 G had it built in and in the winter, I legit just plugged in an extension cord. What do you guys suggest or do with your batteries for the offseason?

Originally posted by ptrkgmz24 View Post
    One thing I realized this weekend that I neglected to configure on my new XT24 - Battery Charger. In all the last minute changes some how it got left off my build sheet. Is this something easily added after the fact? Or is there a better aftermarket option? My '18 G had it built in and in the winter, I legit just plugged in an extension cord. What do you guys suggest or do with your batteries for the offseason?
    Any of the NOCO smart-charger products on Scamazon. I use them exclusively, year-around.

I run a pigtail from my batteries to a convenient access point without having to get into the boat, trucks, or tractors. Leave the charging unit on the shelf. Plug and play. Your mileage and preference may vary, but I do use NOCO for sure.
    93 190

Comment

I second what
      waterlogged882
      MC Master Poster
      waterlogged882 said. Keep your batteries in year-round and get a NOCO charger- they're awesome. The GEN5X2 model is the one you'd use if you want to keep the unit in the boat. If you want, you can install the NOCO AC port plug for a near factory install. I actually skipped the charger option on my build just so I'm able to do it this way lol
      -Tolman
      '22 XT23 coming soon...
      '06 X30 (sold!)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Minn Kota "Precision" charger is an excellent product as well.

Comment

I have a battery tender jr hard wired via a pigtail charging 2 batteries. It keeps them at full charge but it does take a while to get them there.
          OH-IO!

Comment

It can be added after the fact same as it was installed before the fact. You can likely get the same one if you wanted.

Brand aside, Id want one thats a marine on-board dual bank multi-stage smart charger thats capacity is in the 10% range of the batteries' amp/hr rating.

Comment

What ever brand you get make sure to get the 20/2 amp or 2/20 amp. They put 10 amp per bank and when one is full typically the engine battery is full first then it will put all 20amp power to the House battery. After both are full it go's into maintenance mode. The 10/2 are way too slow, both for my nxt22 and my x22.

Comment

I wired in a Pro Mariner charger over 10 years ago. Plug n play ever since.
                I have 2 batteries, no Perko or master switch. Separate loads, linked for charging with a Blue Seas ACR. Charger wired to primary battery via the starter motor. So no extra wires to the batteries. Works like a charm despite being a single bank charger.
                '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

I either have my stuff set up to just put the trickle charger on it or I use this smart charger that I have that knows how to charge differing batteries.
                  Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

I use Battery Tender Jr. You can hard wire pigtails to batteries; simple plug and play for storage. Easy money at WalMart - $30.00 each
                    Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Like Waterlogged, I use quite a few NOCO devices. Threw out the old 2-10-50 charger from '93 and use the "smart" stuff now.
                      https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                      1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                      2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

Installed this one in my '19 XT21. Works perfectly and easily installed just behind the batteries under the passenger seat
                        https://www.amazon.com/ProMariner-43...W%2CB003JSJS5I

Comment

^ This. also ran a extention cord through bottom of lockers for easy plug in option front or rear.
                          Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

I have a 5 year old and 7 year old optima bluetop batteries that I keep charged year round with a cheap promariner promite single 5amp charger. Its hard wired into one battery and with my Perko switch set to all im able to charge both at the same time. I just had both battteries tested last week and they are both still checking out at 100 percent. I would not spend more than a 100 bucks on a charger.

Comment

I put the 3 bank 12 amp NOCO on ours a couple years ago, definitely recommend but wish I bought the 30amp.
                              2016 X-30 6.0L
                              "YoU CaNt FiT 4 Rev10's oN a ZFT4"

2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

Lonestar Masterbash - June 11th thru 13th
                              https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=106512

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Working...
                              X