X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post

While I am no professional detailer, I consider myself a hobbiest.. and the only thing I could get to work was using sea deck cleaner and a pressure washer.

I’ll only ever do Deckadence again. I can’t believe I swapped it when we bought it lol
    Well I’m an ex-detailer and still do it to my own stuff. Pressure washer works but try my method it’s super easy. Also can agree solid sea dek colors show a lot more dirt than my snow camo.

I tested a boat with decadence and didn’t like it. Felt like some sort of cheap Astro turf. Maybe I prefer the sea dek as it’s foam based like I use hydro turf on my jet skis.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied
    I'm still old school and mentally think the Odessa will out live cool touch.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post

Sea dek is super easy to clean! Just use super clean diluted with water in spray bottle. Lightly wet area with water. Spray solution on it. Scrub with stuff brush. Rinse off and bam brand new.
    While I am no professional detailer, I consider myself a hobbiest.. and the only thing I could get to work was using sea deck cleaner and a pressure washer.

I’ll only ever do Deckadence again. I can’t believe I swapped it when we bought it lol

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied

It’s 10,000 times easier to clean than sea deck. I HATE sea deck.
    Sea dek is super easy to clean! Just use super clean diluted with water in spray bottle. Lightly wet area with water. Spray solution on it. Scrub with stuff brush. Rinse off and bam brand new.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Originally posted by coloradox45 View Post
    Our vinyl star split near the handle as it seems everyone's has done. MC warranty took care of it. We are careful as well, looks like the new updated flip seat is a better design to help prevent this from happening on the 22+ models? Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen, keep it coming if you've got more thoughts or feedback.
    I think the new handle is only on the XT line for right now, although I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new X line next year...

Leave a comment:

• peytonvp
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    Even if it is fairly durable, “a bit h to clean” is a no go, imo.
    That's where I am with it, I want the boat to be as easy as possible to clean up at the end of the day and I have never had a problem with my vinyl getting too hot even in Texas.

Leave a comment:

• coloradox45
    replied
    Our vinyl star split near the handle as it seems everyone's has done. MC warranty took care of it. We are careful as well, looks like the new updated flip seat is a better design to help prevent this from happening on the 22+ models? Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen, keep it coming if you've got more thoughts or feedback.

Leave a comment:

• 86Skier
    replied
    Not to hijack this thread, and I might sound stupid, but can someone explain what the difference is between the newer "cool feel" that I believe came out around 2017(?) and the "cloth / fabric - like" portions of the upholstery offered on earlier models like my '14 X2? My accents are Mediterranean Blue that aren't vinyl, more like "cloth", but I don't know what it actually is or how it compares to the newer cool feel either?

Leave a comment:

• FourFourty
    replied
    Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
    I have a 2018 with cool feel. To be honest I dont think the seats are noticeably cooler than vinyl. I know there are some folks who would say it is and that is great. I have Navy and light gray. Navy is a bi#$h to keep clean but I dont think that is because it is cool feel. If its a big dollar jump on my next boat I dont know if I'd shell out the cash for it over vinyl. Durability is fine. 300 hours on the boat. If I were going to do black, I would go cool feel just in case it really does work.
    It Definitely works, although all of MCs vinyls are tech/breathable vinyls these days, and they all stay cooler than the typical marine vinyl found in most boats. I have carried around an infrared temp gun in my glove box now for a couple years (I was curious a while ago and put it in there, and now just get it out once in a while on hot, sunny, calm days, when I am tied up with friends at the sandbar, just to satisfy my need to know).

Because I have done it several times, this wouldn't be exact numbers, but more of an average of what I see. I have only had Coconut and Black coolfeels, so they would be the hotter ones.....

On a calm sunny mid 90s day, I'd typically get readings in these ranges-
    MC Black or Coconut Coolfeel- 145-155 degrees
    MC Coconut or Pro Tour Red "Odessa"- 160-170 degrees
    Mojave Brown in my old 2017 G23- 185-200 degrees
    Friends boat- Brown "Chilltech" (or whatever they are calling it) in a 2021 Supra SL- 160-170 Degrees
    Friends Boat- Light gray in a 2015 Moomba Mondo- 190-200 degrees

It does still get pretty warm, but definitely a difference. The biggest thing I like about all MC vinyls is their breathability. You don't get the slimy nasty sweat slick 30 seconds after you sit down. That was (and still is) my biggest gripe with Nautiques. They need to get on the tech vinyl bandwagon.

As for keeping it clean- I find being pro-active is the best solution. Regularly apply Seat Saver, 303, or equivalent, and you'll find that stuff wipes right off.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    I ordered about 1/3 black coolfeel on my XT23 without thinking about the cleaning/sunscreen issue... hopefully it won't be terrible. I'm thinking the pros will outweigh the cons.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrall View Post
    It’s 10,000 times easier to clean than sea deck. I HATE sea deck.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post

Mine is splitting on the same spot and we are very careful to not step near the handle. Was it covered under warranty?
    Yes it was. Still waiting on it though.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    and around the flip seat handle where it ripped from being stepped on
    Mine is splitting on the same spot and we are very careful to not step near the handle. Was it covered under warranty?

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    CF looks and feels great, however, it is not nearly as durable as Odessa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X