Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping a boat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shipping a boat

    I found some old threads from 2015 that had info on this, but I'm curious if anyone has had recent experience and pricing for shipping a boat cross country. Maybe a rough price per mile?

  • #2
    I believe that when I was looking at a boat in Las Vegas they quoted me a little over $2000 to get it shipped from there to Houston on its own trailer. That was about 2 years ago. If you make a posting on Uship you will recieve quotes at no charge. I would imagine that in this day in age that nobody is driving for less than $2.50 a mile.
    Last edited by peytonvp; 12-02-2021, 02:22 PM.
    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

    Comment


    • #3
      I was afraid of that. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me leave her and the kids for a week long road trip.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
        I was afraid of that. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me leave her and the kids for a week long road trip.
        Did you find yourself a boat?
        Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

        Comment


        • #5
          I had my Prostar shipped from South Carolina to Washington state in October with Uship. It was towed on its trailer. The lowest quote was $2800. Most quotes were $3500 to $4000 and that's before additional fees get added on.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
            I was afraid of that. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me leave her and the kids for a week long road trip.
            Unless you can find a flat bed back haul like I did from Seattle to Ohio. Purpose Transport did mine. https://purposetransportllc.com/ Dave Richards did me right.
            If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

            2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
            1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

            Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

            Comment


            • #7
              i'd rent an Enterprise 2500 pickup, fly out and make the trip home with it for way less. there's too many u-ship horror stories for me to consider them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jtryon View Post
                i'd rent an Enterprise 2500 pickup, fly out and make the trip home with it for way less. there's too many u-ship horror stories for me to consider them.
                I like that idea better as well if time allows. But on another note, it is hard to take the tools you need on a plane if you have something go wrong.
                Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

                  Did you find yourself a boat?
                  I missed out on one recently and part of my delay was figuring out how I would get it from point A to B. Next time I will throw it up on uship and show my wife how much that would cost. Hopefully that will convince her to let me haul it myself

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post

                    I missed out on one recently and part of my delay was figuring out how I would get it from point A to B. Next time I will throw it up on uship and show my wife how much that would cost. Hopefully that will convince her to let me haul it myself
                    Take in to consideration that depending on how you figure your cost to do it yourself it is not necessarily less expensive.
                    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For what its worth, in September of 2020 I had a quote from Smith Specialties for 1,150 miles hauled on a flatbed for $1,550. This was for a 21' Mastercraft

                      Between me an the neighbors, we've now had 4 boats hauled and delivered. Each time was a different transporter and had good experiences with all.
                      Last edited by osmonet; 12-02-2021, 04:50 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I paid $1500 to ship my Prostar from Connecticut to GA last November on a goose neck.
                        2000 Prostar 205V

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We've done two separate road trips with the kids to get our last two boats (from Colorado to Texas and Colorado to NYC) and it was an awesome experience both times with the kids. On the last one to NYC we stopped 3x on the way back and ran the boat, surfed a little and discovered a couple of new lakes along the way. If you can swing it time-wise it really was a fun trip and worth it to us.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by coloradox45 View Post
                            We've done two separate road trips with the kids to get our last two boats (from Colorado to Texas and Colorado to NYC) and it was an awesome experience both times with the kids. On the last one to NYC we stopped 3x on the way back and ran the boat, surfed a little and discovered a couple of new lakes along the way. If you can swing it time-wise it really was a fun trip and worth it to us.
                            I like the thought, but my kids are 2 years old and 7 months old, there would be WAY too many stops along the way.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post

                              I like the thought, but my kids are 2 years old and 7 months old, there would be WAY too many stops along the way.


                              HAHA! Well yes that would be an issue... mine are 9,10 and 11. Little more fun for them. Best of luck!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X