Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnE
    replied
    I also used MC's hauler (Belcher trucking in 2015) for a "back haul" One rate from TX to TN, and slightly more from TN to MA. Well worth the peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post

And a grease gun
    And a grease gun[

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
    My first option would be to get the carrier for Mastercraft or another boat company to do it. Especially if its going from West to east because most will come back empty unless they pick up an extra haul back.
    Exactly what happened to me. Purpose Transport, out of TN, (Hauls MasterCrafts) was delivering boats to Washington State and would pick mine up from Seattle MasterCraft if the ‘no name’ dealer I bought it from hauled it from Vancouver to Seattle. So that was great since the trailer had its original 08 trailer tires (10 years old)

Click image for larger version

Name:	869B60A5-02AE-466F-948A-FB82965FDB2E.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	2695333

Leave a comment:

• jtryon
    replied
    Originally posted by bret View Post
    Be careful on renting a truck. Some rental companies get bumpers where you can't put a ball much less have a receiver hitch underneath.
    enterprise actually advertises on their 2500's that they have a receiver hitch on them.

Leave a comment:

• tmothy07
    replied
    Originally posted by bret View Post
    Be careful on renting a truck. Some rental companies get bumpers where you can't put a ball much less have a receiver hitch underneath.
    Even UHaul had a lock on their pick-up's hitch when I had to use one in a pinch. Had to take it back for them to take it off. Definitely double check.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    replied
    My first option would be to get the carrier for Mastercraft or another boat company to do it. Especially if its going from West to east because most will come back empty unless they pick up an extra haul back.

Leave a comment:

• Mainely Wake
    replied
    Originally posted by Ski-me View Post
    From where to where?
    I live in Maine, some of the boats I have considered are as far away as Texas and as close as Virginia. So everything has been roughly 800-1300 miles away. (1,600 to 2,300 round trip)

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

True, just pray that the bearings are good!
    And a grease gun

Leave a comment:

• peytonvp
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

Homedepot socket set and floor jack from walmart.
    True, just pray that the bearings are good!

Leave a comment:

• Tony84121
    replied
    I shipped my X46 from SLC, UT to Charlotte, NC last October for $3k. It was on a flat deck trailer the whole way, and not one mile on the tires. Worth every penny not having to worry about anything, or make the drive myself.

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    From where to where?

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

I like that idea better as well if time allows. But on another note, it is hard to take the tools you need on a plane if you have something go wrong.
    Homedepot socket set and floor jack from walmart.

Leave a comment:

• coloradox45
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post

I like the thought, but my kids are 2 years old and 7 months old, there would be WAY too many stops along the way.

HAHA! Well yes that would be an issue... mine are 9,10 and 11. Little more fun for them. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mainely Wake
    replied
    Originally posted by coloradox45 View Post
    We've done two separate road trips with the kids to get our last two boats (from Colorado to Texas and Colorado to NYC) and it was an awesome experience both times with the kids. On the last one to NYC we stopped 3x on the way back and ran the boat, surfed a little and discovered a couple of new lakes along the way. If you can swing it time-wise it really was a fun trip and worth it to us.
    I like the thought, but my kids are 2 years old and 7 months old, there would be WAY too many stops along the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X