Anyone near Springfield, MO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Springfield, MO?

Anyone live in or near Springfield, MO? Looking to get some info on what's its like to live in Springfield, MO. My daughter is thinking of going to school at Missouri State University and will be playing on their volleyball team. We visited there this past Monday and Tuesday. We were both very impressed with the city, campus any outlying areas. They told us Lake of the Ozarks was close by. Any thoughts - positive or negative would be appreciated.
    2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

I lived in Springfield for a few years in the early 2000’s. My little sister is also going to Mo State right now. I really liked my time in Springfield, very nice people and city. Close to all of the fun outdoor activities that Missouri offers. One negative that I have is the traffic can be pretty bad. I am from KC where there is an interstate/highway to get everywhere. It’s not like that in Springfield and I wasn’t used to exclusively city driving. Our lake place is at Lake of the Ozarks and it is 1.5ish hours from Springfield, Table Rock and a few other lakes are closer.

Comment

I've been living near Springfield for about 6 years now. I live about 5 miles West in Republic.
      Last edited by neil.anderson63; 12-29-2021, 10:25 AM.
      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

My son is a senior on the Diving Team. He is also a theatre major. We just got back from there a few minutes ago. PM me your number and I will give you the pros and cons!
        2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Thanks for the responses all. I got people's private messages but I don't know how to respond in this new system. My daughter has decided to not attend Missouri State University this winter and instead is looking at attending UNLV or Clemson to play volleyball at one of those schools. However, being in the NCAA transfer portal, you never know what other school(s) will pop up.
          2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
            Thanks for the responses all. I got people's private messages but I don't know how to respond in this new system. My daughter has decided to not attend Missouri State University this winter and instead is looking at attending UNLV or Clemson to play volleyball at one of those schools. However, being in the NCAA transfer portal, you never know what other school(s) will pop up.
            In the message received, click on the message sender's name and that will take you to a second screen for responding, then hit post (bottom right of second screen).

93 190
            (safe click)

Comment

Working...
            X