No announcement yet.

Stereo Upgrade - What to Do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky - That is awesome - Questions - Your radio back panel is black, did you paint it? On the helm remote panel, where did you find the black pocket (Whatever it is called) for the opening on the right?

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
      I don’t think the auto volume is really all that great tho — it adjusts all zones similarly, which can be a pain when I’m just zipping across the lake and have no need of tower speakers (I only use the tower speakers when towing someone. There’s no need to be ‘that guy’ who feels the need to inflict his tunes on the whole lake when just heading to the flat water.)
      I do the same, I only use the tower speakers when I'm towing someone.

I only use the auto volume adjust when I'm pulling people as well. I simply turn on auto volume adjust in the Murphy user settings as part of setting up for surfing or wakeboarding. Then I turn it back off when I'm changing all the settings to head back to the dock. But in the case of surfing in particular, we like the volume turned down as we turn around to pick-up the surfer. That way we don't blast everyone on their docks as we turn around and we can talk in the boat. The auto volume adjust automates that for the large number of turn arounds and pickups. Certainly worth the few clicks to turn it on and off in the Murphy screen. I also use different auto volume setting for Surf vs Wakeboard.

What would be super nice, is if the auto-volume settings were in the profiles.

-----------------------------------
      Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
      Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
      Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post
        Sky - That is awesome - Questions - Your radio back panel is black, did you paint it? On the helm remote panel, where did you find the black pocket (Whatever it is called) for the opening on the right?
        No, I left the billet aluminum alone (no paint), but the picture was from when I originally installed it. I was able to just barely get the mounting screws into the dash material on the fusion deck, but wasn’t comfortable that they’d be secure long term. The pic I took was from before I added the aluminum ring.

The black pocket you see on the right is actually the dash fiberglass. The aluminum faceplate for the remote comes with a separator panel that keeps items placed in that area from getting lost behind the remote. It works really well.

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Working...
        X