Fixing throttle panel 2001 prostar 209

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing throttle panel 2001 prostar 209

Hi guys, looking for ideas/solutions to fix the throttle panel. I need to find a secure way to attach it to the side. It was a poor design in my opinion. For a while I had it attached by only one bolt but that eventually gave way. The tricky part is it's really hard to reach behind and get to the bolt locations. Maybe someone has a trick to it? I'm open to other suggestions. TIA.
    Attached Files

Looks very similar to the construction on my 205V. I reattached the bolts with a good epoxy after roughening the surfaces and removed the drivers seat to allow the panel to swing out at the base. This allows more room for your arm/hand to reach the bolts from the back side. Not terribly easy but it works. Push in pins like they use on automotive panels might work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 01star View Post
      Hi guys, looking for ideas/solutions to fix the throttle panel. I need to find a secure way to attach it to the side. It was a poor design in my opinion. For a while I had it attached by only one bolt but that eventually gave way. The tricky part is it's really hard to reach behind and get to the bolt locations. Maybe someone has a trick to it? I'm open to other suggestions. TIA.
      Several threads here about a fix. thanks

Last edited by waterlogged882; 01-04-2022, 10:00 PM.
      93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Best thing I ever did was attach plastic blocks behind the fiber glass and got rid of the nuts and bolts that were impossible to reach. After the blocks were in place I drove some stainless steel wood screws into the plastic board to hold the panel in place. That panel needs to be removed periodically to grease the throttle assembly

Comment

I secured them with a couple of wood screws

Comment

Hog...I like that method what is the name of the material of the block you used? Anyone know what the synthetic wood/plastic material is called for this application?

Comment

Originally posted by 01star View Post
              Hog...I like that method what is the name of the material of the block you used? Anyone know what the synthetic wood/plastic material is called for this application?
              Looks like plastic wood trim from a big box store.
              2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

got it lowes.

Comment

Check this thread out. Permanent fix that looks like it could have come from the factory.
                  https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...s-pics?t=47739
                  2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
                    Check this thread out. Permanent fix that looks like it could have come from the factory.
                    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...s-pics?t=47739
                    Do you still have any of those ? I don't have the holes in my panel but that doesn't look difficult to add them.
                    2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post

Do you still have any of those ? I don't have the holes in my panel but that doesn't look difficult to add them.
                      I don't have any but there is someone that makes them. That person is listed in the thread somewhere.
                      2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Working...
                      X