Fresh Air/Exhaust-07 X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Air/Exhaust-07 X2

I have an 07 X2 and have it had for going on 4 years. We have noticed while surfing smelling some fumes and I assume carbon monoxide is prevalent as well, especially while at surfing speeds. Even had some complaining headaches this last summer (could be other factors..sun, noise, dehydrated, motion ext.). I would like to hear others that have purchased an exhaust and how they like it? What brand of exhaust? Is it worth it? Our boat has the 5.7 and does have the CAT exhaust as well.

On a side note, I really like the sound of the 5.7! That is one thing that concerns me is the reduction of noise....

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

I have been contemplating the same for my 14 X2. This is where I have been searching (link below) and will most likely purchase from. Most of the guys I boat with have it from the factory on their newer boats and they still sound great.

Home - Fresh Air Exhaust

Comment

I’ve had an FAE on my last three boats, and have always thought it was one of the best upgrades ever. While none of my boats has been an X2, if I bought one, the FAE would be one of the first upgrades I’d do. I like the reduction in engine noise, and fumes when under way. I’ve not noticed significant reduction in engine power or impact to the wake from adding it to a 2001 XStar, 2006 X1, or my current 2013 X25.

There are definitely contrary opinions here, but I’ve been running them for over a decade and love them.

Here’s a pic of my current FAE:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	AB5708FD-BD82-465C-A058-5AB74D52439B.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	2696760

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Agree with Skydyvyr, its a required upgrade on all our project and customer boats. Super quiet, no safety issues, and have never noticed any change in performance, we have several install videos on our youtube channel if you are wondering if you can tackle it yourself. The easiest way is to use their slip on method of installation, but if you are looking for a more factory look, the thru hull method of installation is way cleaner looking without any brackets and hose clamps.

Also, for another $200 or so you can get rid of the big black muffler and replace it with FAE stainless straight pipes, huge upgrade and makes it way easier to replace the raw water impeller.

Adam
          SWELL Wakesurf
          www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I have noticed the different variations of looks of the FAE. I do not really like the look of the hose clamps and the black flexible tubing that are installed on some boats. I would rather have it all stainless, and I would rather not have any of the extra bracing, this has been my biggest hang up! I like the look of skydyvyr exhaust and his boat has the center tab like my boat has as well....this is a concern as well if this exhaust would allow the center tab to work. Is skydyvyr's boat a through hall version?

Swell....Thanks for the information. I have purchased a couple of wake shapers from you in the past and currently use the latest slim h3x plus, which works great. I watched the video series on the X2 that you restored, pretty awesome.

Comment

No, mine is not through hull, it bolts right up to the exhaust ports. It also has the bracing, but my braces tie right in to the center trim tab screws so nothing to the swim deck. It was super easy to do by myself (I’ve had several versions on different boats, they were all easy installs) and the instructions are great. What you see on my boat is the most expensive version of the FAE, and it requires some pretty precise measurements. If you get them wrong the FAE won’t fit and you’ll be out the $$$ for it. There is also a bit of a manufacturing lead time to get it done.

It was worth every penny IMHO.

—Sky

------------------------------------------------
              2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
              2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Thanks appreciate the info. I have tried to call FAE 3 times in the past 24 hours. I am hoping they are still in business!

Comment

I saw some posts a while back somewhere that people were having trouble getting in contact with FAE and asking if they were still in business. Let us know if you reach them because I'm interested as well.
                  -----------------------------------
                  Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
                  Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
                  Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

I see recent posts on their Facebook page which leads me to believe they are still in business. Maybe try email instead of calling.
                    -----------------------------------
                    Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
                    Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
                    Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

I just received my FAE and muffler delete for my X25 - haven’t got to fitting it up yet but can confirm they are still in business - they were very helpful throughout the measuring and ordering process and shipping out to Australia happened quicker than expected. Looks like a great product.
                      There was a delay in email correspondence at one point due to issues with their email system. Hopefully you can get in touch because it looks like they know their stuff and are good at what they do.

Comment

Thanks all! I have submitted an email, hopefully that will be a better way to communicate with them. I have another question.......did you go ahead and get the flappers with the FAE? The factory has the flappers on the exhaust to prevent water from coming back into the motor....website says its not needed but an option.

Comment

Originally posted by jrbearley View Post
                          Thanks all! I have submitted an email, hopefully that will be a better way to communicate with them. I have another question.......did you go ahead and get the flappers with the FAE? The factory has the flappers on the exhaust to prevent water from coming back into the motor....website says its not needed but an option.
                          I wasnt planning on ordering with the flaps as I believe it would be a miracle if water can come back up that exhaust configuration and into the engine. I could be wrong, but that was my thought.

Comment

Thanks Ironhorse, I think it would be pretty tuff for water to get up to the motor as well. Just thought I would throw the question out to see those that have purchased the FAE system's thoughts are.

Comment

I am on my 7th boat with FAE , there is no way I could ever own another boat without a surf pipe. The headaches , tiredness , fatigue are all reasons to get it. Those are very common issues associated with co.

I can flat out say I spent time in the back corner of boats without FAE in hot days and with FAE and will 100% say there is a significant difference in the way I feel afterwards as well as numerous others I have made it a point to talk about with. FAE is definitely still in business. They’re a small company with not many employees , but manage to usually give great customer service. Email them instead of calling. Bet you’ll have better success.
                              CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                              2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                              2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                              99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                              88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Working...
                              X