Think about new trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think about new trailer

I am considering buying a new trailer so I can gain some height. I have to put my Tower up and down to put my boat in the garage and would like to be able to just back it in. So may buy a new trailer if it gains me a few inches in how high the boat sets. If I go this route I would be selling my MasterCraft factory trailer. Just wondering what the value of it may be. It's a single axle 13 for a 197 I installed a new actuator last winter and trailer is in great shape.
    1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
    2008 Prostar 197 LY6

(most likely) but not likely for the trailer may work for the
    Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
    I am considering buying a new trailer so I can gain some distance between the tower and the garage door up position. I have to put my Tower up and down to put my boat in the garage and would like to be able to just back it in without repositioning the tower each time. So may buy a new trailer if it gains me a few inches in how much lower the boat sets on the trailer to clear the garage door up position. If I go this route I would be selling my MasterCraft factory trailer. Just wondering what the value of it may be. It's a single axle 13 for a 197. I installed a new actuator last winter and trailer is in great shape.
    Hard to say sight unseen. I'll shoot in the dark...you should be able to move it for 2-3K USD.

That is purely a guess without a basis.

How much distance do you need to clear the door?

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
      Hard to say sight unseen. I'll shoot in the dark...you should be able to move it for 2-3K USD.

That is purely a guess without a basis.

Thanks just looking for an idea.
      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Thanks just looking for an idea.
        Best on the solution.

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

I am considering buying a new trailer so I can gain some height. I have to put my Tower up and down to put my boat in the garage and would like to be able to just back it in. So may buy a new trailer if it gains me a few inches in how high the boat sets. If I go this route I would be selling my MasterCraft factory trailer. Just wondering what the value of it may be. It's a single axle 13 for a 197 I installed a new actuator last winter and trailer is in great shape.
          I know BrianS gained some inches on his X14 since Boatmate trailers have the boat sit lower in the cradle. Cant argue with waterlogged on the pricing but in todays world, used prices are up.
          If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post

I know BrianS gained some inches on his X14 since Boatmate trailers have the boat sit lower in the cradle. Cant argue with waterlogged on the pricing but in todays world, used prices are up.
            I have been talking to Brian about his. I have a question in to Boatmate about the height. I am curious if the single axle sets at the same height as the tandem axle. I know the single axle is a heavier axle than the tandem being there are two.
            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

I have been talking to Brian about his. I have a question in to Boatmate about the height. I am curious if the single axle sets at the same height as the tandem axle. I know the single axle is a heavier axle than the tandem being there are two.
              I like the Boatmate trailer as they are local to me so I see a lot of them around. They are proud of them $$ but they have a fairly nice product.

93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

I like the Boatmate trailer as they are local to me so I see a lot of them around. They are proud of them $$ but they have a fairly nice product.

What other brands would you consider a quality trailer?
                never had to buy a boat trailer always had one with the boat
                2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

I will defer that question to others here that may be familiar to manufacturers in their area. I know there is a place in California that makes them (DLS maybe?? not sure of the name) and another place in Texas.

Some of these other fellows here may know better than myself. Mastercraft and Malibu now make their own and Boatmate in my area. That is all I pay attention.

93 190
                  (safe click)

Comment

I will defer that question to others here that may be familiar to manufacturers in their area. I know there is a place in California that makes them (DLS maybe?? not sure of the name) and another place in Texas.

Some of these other fellows here may know better than myself. Mastercraft and Malibu now make their own and Boatmate in my area. That is all I pay attention.

Okay thanks I always appreciate your knowledge Sir.
                    2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Ryan trailers here outside Portland will build a trailer however you want it. I talked to them about building a narrower trailer to fit in my garage but it turned out to be cheaper to modify my garage door. They quoted me 6k for a single axle prostar 190 trailer.

Comment

When I was getting quotes on trailers, BHM/Current also looked at Phoenix and Eagle.
                        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

you can get a new trailer or modify your old trailer to get the boat lower to the ground, but then you run the risk of prop damage while trailering. I raised my trailer with spring blocks last year so the prop guard would stop scraping on my driveway.

Comment

I had to replace my trailer last year. Got a boatmate. Also called Phenox and they never even gave me a quote... Good luck!

Comment

Just for reference, I got $2800 for my original '08 MC trailer when I upgraded. It had the upgraded actuator and new tires. Yours is probably in better shape than mine.

There is also Loadmaster in northern OH. I had a quote from them that was similar but a little less than the Boatmate. They make a good trailer but it is more generic and doesn't look as factory as the Boatmate.

I've been really happy with mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X