Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone rebuild a new Millenium Fuel Pump??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG that seems virtually impossible to have that happen.
    Not familiar with those pumps, is it possible to use the standard pump setup or does the 8.1 need the dual fueler?

cripes I removed the fuel sender and filter out of a 35 year old truck tank that had rusted through and reused it in a new tank, it was spotless.
    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

I plan on installing the original fuel pump assembly. That one only has a single fuel cartridge and it worked for 20 years and 700+ hours. I want to find out why this happened so it doesn’t happen again before I buy a new $800 pump.
      Last edited by prostar205; 01-11-2022, 09:55 AM.
      2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Wow, that's crazy!
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

I was able to find the two exterior filter socks and the internal strainer filter. I cleaned the rust from inside the plastic hosing and wire wheeled and sanded the fuel pump cartridge housing. It’s back together and works. This will be used as my backup fuel pump now. The picture of the box is the manufacturer and part number of the internal strainer filter.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by prostar205; 01-19-2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

If I ever need to do this, you are obviously the expert on this now as the person to ask. I'm hoping that after you get the injectors and rail cleaned, and the old (refurbished) pump back in that the boat will run great. What a pain in the butt this has been.

Comment

Originally posted by robadele View Post
              If I ever need to do this, you are obviously the expert on this now as the person to ask. I'm hoping that after you get the injectors and rail cleaned, and the old (refurbished) pump back in that the boat will run great. What a pain in the butt this has been.
              Thanks for the words of encouragement. These new Millennium fuel pumps are a lot easier to rebuild than the Carter fuel pump. I would like to find replacement fuel pump cartridges for the Bosch versions. Bosch and Millennium have been completely silent on this topic when I've emailed them for info. Luckily my two pumps still work.

Comment

Nice work! Now I know who to call. And he's local!
                ¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                  Nice work! Now I know who to call. And he's local!
                  Happy to lend a hand when ever needed. Next up is finding my ground problem that I believe led to this corrosion of the fuel pumps. I hate electrical stuff. I am a mechanical engineer, not a EE.

Comment

Did you use new harness with new pump? MC #501000. Was the ground hooked up on the regulator?
                    www.nwboatsports.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
                      Did you use new harness with new pump? MC #501000. Was the ground hooked up on the regulator?
                      Yeap, used the new MC harness with my new Millennium pump. Only way to run the two pumps inside the pump assembly is with that harness.
                      Yeap, static ground (green wire) was hooked up to the blade connector on the regulator.

I took some voltage readings at the fuel pump connector with the key off but the batteries turned on and I am getting a small voltage reading (.2-.3mV). Yes, that is really low but with the key off I would expect ZERO. Any thoughts on that?
                      Last edited by prostar205; 01-23-2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Where are your probing to get that reading?

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
                          Where are your probing to get that reading?
                          At the 2-pin (gray, Black) connector just before the extension harness.

Comment

So question for you, why don't you turn the in-tank module into a simple pick up assembly then install a robust high grade marine performance fuel pump outside of the tank? I know its not factory but it would sure solve a lot of future issues for you if you fix the problem first.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
                              So question for you, why don't you turn the in-tank module into a simple pick up assembly then install a robust high grade marine performance fuel pump outside of the tank? I know its not factory but it would sure solve a lot of future issues for you if you fix the problem first.
                              Trust me, I have thought about that. However, I have not seen anyone do that conversion and don't really want to be the first one to try it. If you know someone who has, please point me in their direction. I think its a great idea. I could then incorporate a water separator filter between the tank and exterior pump also.

Comment

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post

At the 2-pin (gray, Black) connector just before the extension harness.
                                ah ok, it seems like in order to get that kind of corrosion through the pump bodies through electrolysis youd need some power going through the pump mounting somehow. is there any juice between that top plate, or the large metal part of the assembly and the positive pin (may require back probe). may also be interesting to probe that while the pump/boat is running.

millivolts doesnt seem like enough to me, if if that was present across the assembly somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X