Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that picture real? Can't imagine trying to get much of a wake with a S&S

Comment

I appreciate all the responses. Definitely no 2 ways about it, I gotta keep searching for a 205V.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
        I appreciate all the responses. Definitely no 2 ways about it, I gotta keep searching for a 205V.
        Just stick with it, we looked for almost 2 years. A boat is a big investment in both time and money so make sure you get what you want and need.
        2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

The 205 hull remained pretty much unchanged for years and is still up there as a great crossover.

Having owned a 205 DD for 20 years, the best tip I can give for both the 205 & 205v is to lower the boat as evenly as possible rather than shoving everything at the rear.

The boarding wake is great on both and can be made quite comparable to the smaller modern wake boats with careful ballasting. The picture below is a 1996 205 DD with A LOT of ballast, we had fat sac's covering the entire floor, a fat seat, a few extra people and some 5gal barrels to move around to balance...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	9292368414_673e8dfc62_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.0 KB ID:	2697379
          compared to a 2015ish super air nautique with ballast everywhere
          Click image for larger version  Name:	13758675213_07a7bc6371_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	2697381
          Attached Files

Comment

True, with only the KGB and IBS in the front, we could only fill the rear sacks about 2/3 full before the wake starts washing out for wakeboarding. 2-3 people in the bow makes a huge difference.

Comment

The 205 is a great boat, but if you don't plan on skiing, there are other hulls to consider IMO.

Comment

If you want to wakeboard you have a huge list of boats 205V X5 X1 X2 X-Star etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
                  If you want to wakeboard you have a huge list of boats 205V X5 X1 X2 X-Star etc.
                  Did you mean X15? The X5 was a Prostar 195 with a few wakeboarding goodies, hardly what the OP is looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumi View Post

Did you mean X15? The X5 was a Prostar 195 with a few wakeboarding goodies, hardly what the OP is looking for.
                    Actually meant X9

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post

Actually meant X9
                      X9 wouldn't be all that much better than a 205DD. X10 and X30 would be better.

Comment

X9 is actually known as being a pretty good hull for beginner to intermediate boarding. Bigger feeling boat than a 205 but still small compared to new crafts.
                        Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
                          X9 is actually known as being a pretty good hull for beginner to intermediate boarding. Bigger feeling boat than a 205 but still small compared to new crafts.
                          If I recall correctly, the X9 is just a DD version of the X10. There's no reason to go with a DD over holding out for a Vdrive if skiing is not remotely considered. The only reason to go with a DD is if the budget is so restricted that only mid 90s DDs and older fit the budget.

Comment

Working...
                          X