Binding Blaster Update/Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding Blaster Update/Rebuild

The '09 Prostar I bought a couple weeks ago came with the binding blaster ($545 MSRP option) but the pump and nozzle were both inoperable and the tubing was nasty. I located all of the OEM parts and thought I would share. On a scale of 1-10 difficulty this would be a 2 if you wanted to add it.

The tank is Mastercraft part 556217 $113 at MCPartsDepot. You could also use just about any plastic coolant recovery tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-22 11.44.29.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	6.50 MB
ID:	2697666Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-22 11.53.32.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	7.93 MB
ID:	2697669

The original model pump has been updated by Jabsco a couple times. The current model is Jabsco ParMax 1+ Model 42630-3512-3C which I found at Overtons on sale for $56.

The nozzle is CEJN 232. $27 at MCSDirect.com

To connect the nozzle to the tubing I used a 3/8" hose barb to 1/4 NPT swivel connector. $11 at MCSDirect.Com

Name:	2022-01-22 11.45.14.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	8.71 MB
ID:	2697668

Tubing is about 6' of 3/8" ID vinyl tubing at your local hardware store, about $1 per foot.

My boat came with a switch, but any toggle switch will work. At some point MC started prewiring everything so I'd be surprised if most boats from the 2000's and later didn't already have all the wiring pulled.

Here it is installed and put together. Total about $213 plus shipping and and an hour of work if you have all your tools handy. Can't wait to try it out in a couple months!

Name:	2022-01-22 13.47.05.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	6.83 MB
ID:	2697667

1991 Prostar 190
    2018 SeaDoo RXP-X300
    Lake James, NC

Good to know the part numbers. My 08 X14 has that option and it’s in working condition.
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
      Good to know the part numbers. My 08 X14 has that option and it’s in working condition.
      They don't last forever!
      1991 Prostar 190
      2018 SeaDoo RXP-X300
      Lake James, NC

Comment

But what is a binding blaster?

Comment

Originally posted by zpacheco View Post
          But what is a binding blaster?
          You fill the tank with soap or binding lube and it pumps it through the nozzle so you can lube your bindings.
          1991 Prostar 190
          2018 SeaDoo RXP-X300
          Lake James, NC

Comment

You mean a lemon juice bottle with soap and water in it?
            2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              You mean a lemon juice bottle with soap and water in it?
              ^ ^ this.

93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

We were talking about this over the weekend as a friend joined us for a ski and needed soap to get their binding on. We have newer ski's with bindings that don't need soap so have not used soap for many years and the binding blaster in the boat is actually redundant - I dont know if it even works so going to have a play this week as I will be in the ski locker pulling the rudder etc.
                Cheers

Mark

'99 Mastercraft ProStar 205 330-LTR

Comment

Does the switch end up being one of the ACC switches up front or is it in the locker by the pump?

Nice work tracking it all down

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
                    ......Nice work tracking it all down
                    In fairness to the original poster (and based on maybe my previous comment of an easier way to lube a boot), I think that was the intent of the thread to say, "Here are the parts and all, if anyone wants to pursue." In that regard, good information and leg work. Thanks.

Double D would never have found all of that. He would / will eventually have used a squeeze bottle. :-)

93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
                      Does the switch end up being one of the ACC switches up front or is it in the locker by the pump?

Nice work tracking it all down
                      On mine there's a switch by the pump.

1991 Prostar 190
                      2018 SeaDoo RXP-X300
                      Lake James, NC

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                        In fairness to the original poster (and based on maybe my previous comment of an easier way to lube a boot), I think that was the intent of the thread to say, "Here are the parts and all, if anyone wants to pursue." In that regard, good information and leg work. Thanks.

Double D would never have found all of that. He would / will eventually have used a squeeze bottle. :-)

Correct. I have OCD about things working, so when this didn't I decided to fix it. Squeeze bottle certainly cheaper and just as effective!
                        1991 Prostar 190
                        2018 SeaDoo RXP-X300
                        Lake James, NC

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

Naaa.. We use shaving cream anyway.. I'll pull out the “Binding Baster Soap Pump” to prove it works but it’s basically there as a back up. My switch to power it is located on the port side of the rear glove box. Not the perfect spot but it works and is duel action and powers the shower pump as well.

Name:	IMG_1843.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	2697745

Name:	Shower Switch.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	2697744
                          If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                          X