Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need tower help asap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need tower help asap

    Click image for larger version  Name:	3930749A-F484-483B-8B5F-28D117D8F597.jpg Views:	239 Size:	5.69 MB ID:	2698157 Click image for larger version  Name:	DB2C7FD4-9982-4FFC-961B-B3D978887D1F.jpg Views:	238 Size:	4.59 MB ID:	2698156 Click image for larger version  Name:	15933B47-BA75-4FBB-99B8-9CF45F487DC2.jpg Views:	240 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	2698155 Click image for larger version  Name:	56B4F535-B801-4681-9BEA-6362EBE0F110.jpg Views:	266 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	2698154

    I just bought an 07 X2 with this tower. I’m not familiar with it at all. First of all what do they call this tower? How do I lower the tower and can I possibly remove it for storage? Any help and experience is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you




    It also looks like they’re are a couple of bolts not screwed in all the way does this look normal?
    Last edited by Juiced190; 02-02-2022, 02:02 PM.

  • #2
    Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

    Comment


    • #3
      Congrats on the new rig! Tower is a ZFT3, and is easy enough to lower for storage, although it takes a few minutes and requires a bit of of muscle. First, un-clip both of the electrical connections and unscrew and remove the clamps shown in photo 4. On the rear tower bases, loosen the rear knobs slightly and remove the front knobs completely (pro tip: put in glove box so you don't lose them). You should now be able to lean the back end of the tower down so that it rests on the engine hatch and then the front legs will fold forward. The rear end of the tower is pretty heavy with speakers attached, so be careful. Also, it is generally a good idea to lay some kind of plywood or similar on the engine hatch so that the upholstery doesn't get damaged from the weight of the tower.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here are some pics I made last year for helping somebody else fold theirs down. Pics only show one side of the tower but it's the same on both.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HurricaneMC View Post
          Congrats on the new rig! Tower is a ZFT3, and is easy enough to lower for storage, although it takes a few minutes and requires a bit of of muscle. First, un-clip both of the electrical connections and unscrew and remove the clamps shown in photo 4. On the rear tower bases, loosen the rear knobs slightly and remove the front knobs completely (pro tip: put in glove box so you don't lose them). You should now be able to lean the back end of the tower down so that it rests on the engine hatch and then the front legs will fold forward. The rear end of the tower is pretty heavy with speakers attached, so be careful. Also, it is generally a good idea to lay some kind of plywood or similar on the engine hatch so that the upholstery doesn't get damaged from the weight of the tower.
          Thank you so much for the quick response. This was very helpful. We did get everything taken down only to find out everything was too tall to fit in my 7 foot garage door. I thought for sure I had read somewhere that the X2 will fit in a 7 foot garage door, lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Skram View Post
            Here are some pics I made last year for helping somebody else fold theirs down. Pics only show one side of the tower but it's the same on both.
            Thank you for the photos, this really was helpful trying to figure out the clam clamp and exactly how that was put together. The photos were invaluable. Does anyone know what size garage door the X2 will fit in with tower folded? Also will the X2 fit in a 7 foot door if the tower is completely removed?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Juiced190 View Post

              Thank you for the photos, this really was helpful trying to figure out the clam clamp and exactly how that was put together. The photos were invaluable. Does anyone know what size garage door the X2 will fit in with tower folded? Also will the X2 fit in a 7 foot door if the tower is completely removed?
              I was under this impression as well, but I'll be interested if this isn't true. Does the tower sit higher than the windshield when folded? Is the trailer fully original?
              Tim
              2021 Lone Star MasterBash
              Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
              1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
              1995 MC ProStar 205
              ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

              Comment


              • #8
                It is sitting on the original trailer. The tower folded down sits higher than the windshield frame. I do believe the windshield will clear based on measurement, but not absolutely sure because we didn’t get that far. I am contemplating removing the rear section of the tower just to get it in the garage to store for the next couple of months before boating season begins. I’m going to need to look at a long-term solution because removing the tower each time I go to the lake is not something I wanna mess with doing.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Your original post said '06 X2. I could be wrong, but I didn't think the ZFT3 tower came out until '07. Is that the original tower for that boat?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skram View Post
                    Your original post said '06 X2. I could be wrong, but I didn't think the ZFT3 tower came out until '07. Is that the original tower for that boat?
                    I have to apologize. It is an 07. Not sure how my mind got twisted but it is an 07 X2.
                    Last edited by Juiced190; 02-02-2022, 02:04 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Skram View Post
                      Your original post said '06 X2. I could be wrong, but I didn't think the ZFT3 tower came out until '07. Is that the original tower for that boat?
                      Gel scheme/graphic looks to be '07, but it could've been an option (I'm not super familiar). Also that ZFT3 is missing the reinforcement brackets if I'm not mistaken.

                      eecyclone had an X2 with the ZFT3. He might know the measurements/if it's supposed to fit in a 7ft garage.
                      Tim
                      2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                      Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                      1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                      1995 MC ProStar 205
                      ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Skram View Post
                        Your original post said '06 X2. I could be wrong, but I didn't think the ZFT3 tower came out until '07. Is that the original tower for that boat?
                        Thought the same thing. 06 tower lowers differently; Remove the two upper black knobs and it has spring loaded pins where the front legs attach instead of the locking collars. Then LOOSEN the 2 rear knobs so the tower will pivot.
                        My 07 X2 fits under a 7' door with the tower folded - about 1/2" below the door. Everything is lower than the windshield when the tower is collapsed.
                        Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post

                          Thought the same thing. 06 tower lowers differently; Remove the two upper black knobs and it has spring loaded pins where the front legs attach instead of the locking collars. Then LOOSEN the 2 rear knobs so the tower will pivot.
                          My 07 X2 fits under a 7' door with the tower folded - about 1/2" below the door. Everything is lower than the windshield when the tower is collapsed.
                          I agree, that is definitely and 07 tower, unless they released it early on a few late build 06 boats.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post

                            I agree, that is definitely and 07 tower, unless they released it early on a few late build 06 boats.
                            It is an 07 X2, we did collapse the tower but it just didn’t look like it was going to work going in the door. Part of the issue is my driveway is a little higher going into the door and that may have been the problem. Just eyeballing it, it didn’t look like there would be any way it would work. I may try again Friday after these rain storms move through Tennessee.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I’d like to thank everyone for their expertise and experience and knowledge. My last MC was an 04 X7. It was quite a bit different all the way around.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	8622A927-EA81-4B34-AB30-19F1F7FA03E9.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	631.5 KB
ID:	2698243


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X