No announcement yet.

I need tower help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my friends ‘06 (I realize the ZFT3 tower is slightly different) he still had to remove both rear threaded knobs and with help shift the tower to one side or the other and support it with towels and carpeted boards. I’m not sure, but he may have also had to tip the nose for the windshield to clear a 7’ door, plus remove the swim platform. Not fun, but it did fit.

Later that summer, he leased a slip and bought a canopy & lift on the lake making for a much more enjoyable experience!

Comment

IF you're just a bit too tall to make it through. I've heard tell of deflating tires to sneak it under the door.
      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
        IF you're just a bit too tall to make it through. I've heard tell of deflating tires to sneak it under the door.
        I have actually heard of this little trick before. I haven’t tried it yet but I may have to. Thank you for the advice. Please keep them coming.

Comment

My 2007 X2 did not fit thru the garage door. My door (with trim) was 6'11" and had to remove the back half of the tower to get it in.

Congratulations on the purchase! we loved ours.
          OH-IO!

Comment

Originally posted by Footin View Post
            My 2007 X2 did not fit thru the garage door. My door (with trim) was 6'11" and had to remove the back half of the tower to get it in.

Congratulations on the purchase! we loved ours.
            Thank you, I believe our family will really enjoy this boat. It looks like I’m gonna have to remove the back section of the tower to get it in the garage as well. The driveway going into the garage sits a little higher than the garage floor so the tires are already sitting higher, which makes the tower sitting on the back part of the pad already higher than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced190 View Post

Thank you, I believe our family will really enjoy this boat. It looks like I’m gonna have to remove the back section of the tower to get it in the garage as well. The driveway going into the garage sits a little higher than the garage floor so the tires are already sitting higher, which makes the tower sitting on the back part of the pad already higher than normal.
              Can you put a ball mount with a larger drop in your hitch receiver ? You would have to swap it back and forth with your towing level ball but it's less work than taking the tower off each time.
              2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

2 things I did with mine that helped me.....
                • On the front legs of the tower.... before undoing anything I used a paint pen and put a dot on both sides of the top joint where the cone goes into the socket. The leg will twist and can make lining up the front tower legs more difficult than it has to be especially the first time you go to put it back together.
                • Folding the rear section..... The rear section is heavier than it looks especially with speakers on the tower. Be prepared for the weight. I also bought a pair of HDPE cutting boards to rest the tower on. The cutting board are thin and will fit between the sundeck cushions on either side of the engine and will hold them veridical so you can lower the tower on to them. This way your speakers or the tower will not dig into your cushions. I've posted pictures of this before on here but can't seem to find the pictures anywhere.
                Last edited by bturner2; 02-03-2022, 11:35 AM.

Comment

It took a couple of hours but we finally got the boat in the garage. After a couple of different attempts with the tower on we finally threw in the towel and removed the rear section. This was not an easy job with only two people. The rear section is pretty heavy and I can’t imagine how heavy it would’ve been with four speakers. Definitely a three or four man job to replace or remove the rear section in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	441A072B-708C-4D33-8580-006EEB3058A4.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	714.8 KB
ID:	2698466

Comment

Working...
                  X