New MC X2 for long time direct drive owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MC X2 for long time direct drive owner

I just purchased this 07 Mastercraft X2. Boat is in great condition. I wasn’t sure I’d like the color scheme but seeing it in person really sold me. I’ll be getting rid of the old style graphics at some point and replacing with just Mastercraft logo. Of all the Mastercraft X2 graphics these are my least favorite. Everything is original, boat has been taken well care of. Interior looks as new. Boat was never used for anything but cruising the lake, a little wakeboarding and pulling inner tubes mostly. Never overloaded with extra ballast, has the original ballast. Everything works as it should so far, the only concern I have is I need a new paddle wheel. The paddle wheel has some damage so it does not read accurately. I’ve owned direct drive MasterCrafts for many years and I’ve done all of the maintenance myself. I can see the V drive is going to be a little more challenging. Are there any secrets to changing the oil, filter, and impeller? What is the recommended oil for the MCX engine? I have used the rotella 15/40 in the past. Does the MCX use the same oil? Also what is the recommended transmission for the X2 ZF hurth v drive? These are just a few of the questions I have at the moment. As always I appreciate the valuable source of information here on MasterCraft teamtalk.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_216188.jpg Views:	5 Size:	5.39 MB ID:	2698265
    Click image for larger version  Name:	302AC057-840B-47DC-BBAF-3AE29BEE0C7C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	2698257 Click image for larger version  Name:	CD66E54A-2EB3-4CE7-92B8-CF0FFA0F66C3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	2698256 Click image for larger version  Name:	B288DD35-CA16-4C71-A489-8EFA0E970F5C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	213.3 KB ID:	2698258 Click image for larger version  Name:	E5C2978D-2182-46B0-AEC6-7F9F758EFF8F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	225.7 KB ID:	2698259 Click image for larger version  Name:	5C74B06A-AF94-4F8E-A47E-9C52ABDD3DB1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	2698260 Click image for larger version  Name:	9E0B3E58-6C0E-4AD5-AB41-490164731241.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.5 KB ID:	2698261 Click image for larger version  Name:	9324903E-241F-4CAF-8D91-66D03514861A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.4 KB ID:	2698262 Click image for larger version  Name:	06234065-0395-4BB5-B388-19ED09936EC5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	288.9 KB ID:	2698263
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BB750A45-F433-4B05-9CF7-4000C48D06BD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	2698266

Congrats! The boat looks to be in great condition.

Comment

As a direct drive to vdrive convert (as many here are), you're right.... maintenance will frustrate you. Everything's "accessible"... but not nearly as convenient.

Hope ya kept the other one too! Wish I did.

Great looking boat. Can't wait to see it without the decals.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL boat. I think that color combo is very sharp, and I 100% agree on the graphics removal. I think it will look really good when you do that. As someone on the hunt for a similar boat I am super jealous! If you don't mind me asking, how much did she cost? Great boat, enjoy!

Comment

Hope ya kept the other one too! Wish I did.

This comment made me chuckle. My primary and newest boat is the direct drive and my "other boat" is the 14 - X2. I cant give up the morning ski behind a direct drive boat.

I agree on the graphics change. It will look much more modern once this is done.

Comment

Sorry, i don't sign in that often anymore. don't really care for the new website. I have had a 07 since new. over 820 hrs on the rtp and runs like a top. Mine is probably one of the top most updated x2's around. Added Gsa along with center tab. got rid of perfect pass for stargazer. replaced all logos and flooring. Here a a few pics. Sorry could not help you on the tower thread as i have never taken mine down. Click image for larger version

Name:	3d1.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2698288
            Attached Files

Comment

Also Rotella is what i have run in both the engine and tranny. and if you have a mastercraft trailer with the original reliable actuator be ready to replace. They all fail.

Comment

ttu your boat looks great!

Juiced190 I am planning to replace my black Mastercraft raised decals (same as the ones on TTU's boat) with brushed. If I can remove them without damage (heat and dental floss trick), I do plan to sell them if you're interested.

Comment

Nice looking X2. We loved our 07 X2. It was a great boat.
                  Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
                  OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                  Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
                  http://www.crowniehq.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                    ttu your boat looks great!

Juiced190 I am planning to replace my black Mastercraft raised decals (same as the ones on TTU's boat) with brushed. If I can remove them without damage (heat and dental floss trick), I do plan to sell them if you're interested.
                    I had the same flame graphics as what you do now. I used a blow dryer to remove the old and some adhesive removal. Knock on wood there was no fading in the gel.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post

I had the same flame graphics as what you do now. I used a blow dryer to remove the old and some adhesive removal. Knock on wood there was no fading in the gel.
                      Heat gun and plastic razor blades will do the trick.
                      2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

congrats!!!
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

if your planning on surfing you are going to either plumb in on top of the hard tanks and if that has been done you will need to upgrade probably to the xstar bags that are around 700lb per bag. also you will need to get the ballast timers reprogramed by tr6coug. one of the best investments I made.

Comment

ttu - What is that on the top of your tower in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                              ttu - What is that on the top of your tower in the pic?
                              it's a surfboard rack. Holds two boards great and holds up well in the wind. on the 07 the Bimini did not have enough support to put storage there.

Comment

Working...
                              X