No announcement yet.

New MC X2 for long time direct drive owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the recommended oil for the MCX engine? I have used the rotella 15/40 in the past. Does the MCX use the same oil? Also what is the recommended transmission for the X2 ZF hurth v drive? These are just a few of the questions I have at the moment. As always I appreciate the valuable source of information here on MasterCraft teamtalk.

Everything is like in a car. You will like it! Just read the instructions carefully!

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
      I have had a 07 since new. over 820 hrs on the rtp and runs like a top. Click image for larger version

Name:	3d1.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2698288
      Wow, what a super boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
        ttu your boat looks great!

Juiced190 I am planning to replace my black Mastercraft raised decals (same as the ones on TTU's boat) with brushed. If I can remove them without damage (heat and dental floss trick), I do plan to sell them if you're interested.
        Nice job on the X2 updates, looks great!

Hey a bit off topic, but do you recall how the Mastercraft logo letters were attached to the hull? Is it some special 3M tape they use?

I have a letter that is coming loose and would like to fix it before it becomes an “astercraft”.

I checked on a warranty replacement but the dealer is always slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpine View Post

Nice job on the X2 updates, looks great!

Hey a bit off topic, but do you recall how the Mastercraft logo letters were attached to the hull? Is it some special 3M tape they use?

I have a letter that is coming loose and would like to fix it before it becomes an “astercraft”.

I checked on a warranty replacement but the dealer is always slammed.
          Jack, I had a couple loose one's and we used 3m spray adhesive with a brush and they have held up fine but yes there was a 3m tape when installed

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
            Sorry, i don't sign in that often anymore. don't really care for the new website. I have had a 07 since new. over 820 hrs on the rtp and runs like a top. Mine is probably one of the top most updated x2's around. Added Gsa along with center tab. got rid of perfect pass for stargazer. replaced all logos and flooring. Here a a few pics. Sorry could not help you on the tower thread as i have never taken mine down. Click image for larger version

Name:	3d1.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2698288
            Love those graphics. Can't wait to get mine on. Just need the temperature to warm up a bit. Hopefully we get a nice high pressure Spring-teaser in March.

¡Viva 205V!
            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Nice sled sir!
              Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
              1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
              Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
              "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

I’d like to thank everyone for their advice and their information. I’m still in the process of getting this boat settled into a storage spot and trying to gather information and take care of everything so I’m ready for the boating season. I’ll definitely be looking for some advice on how to best set up the X2 for surfing and wakeboarding. I’m looking for best options as far as plumbing in extra ballast in the rear storage compartments and bow area as needed. Looking for good options and best options for the best value. May consider the GSA system at some point but probably not this summer unless I can find someone to install it in the next month or so. Anyone locally installing GSA in mid Tennessee area? Currently the 07 is bone stock doesn’t even have a rear attitude plate. Should I go this route or is the GSA without a attitude plate a better option? I don’t wanna spend money on an attitude plate and then substitute it with the GSA in a year or so. I appreciate advice from personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced190 View Post
                  I’d like to thank everyone for their advice and their information. I’m still in the process of getting this boat settled into a storage spot and trying to gather information and take care of everything so I’m ready for the boating season. I’ll definitely be looking for some advice on how to best set up the X2 for surfing and wakeboarding. I’m looking for best options as far as plumbing in extra ballast in the rear storage compartments and bow area as needed. Looking for good options and best options for the best value. May consider the GSA system at some point but probably not this summer unless I can find someone to install it in the next month or so. Anyone locally installing GSA in mid Tennessee area? Currently the 07 is bone stock doesn’t even have a rear attitude plate. Should I go this route or is the GSA without a attitude plate a better option? I don’t wanna spend money on an attitude plate and then substitute it with the GSA in a year or so. I appreciate advice from personal experience.
                  Three is always better than two, get yo center

Comment

Working...
                  X