HydroLock Tower Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HydroLock Tower Question

So in looking at the new tower a question for those who have taken deliver of a new Z8 tower with the push button HydroLock; Do the batteries need to be on to release the tower both up or down? I ask because I would want to have an over the tower cover for storage on the lift, and with the tower down, and batteries turned off, I assume I’d have to climb over the tower to get to the battery switch after uncovering the boat.

Are my suspicions correct, and if so any workarounds to avoid becoming a gymnast?

I haven’t messed with mine for a few weeks because of winter, but I’m like 90ish% sure the batteries need to be on for the hydrolock button to work.

Comment

Would appreciate to hear what you find out!

Comment

The Z8 HydroLock tower will work as long as there is a battery hooked up in the boat - even if the battery switches are turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BROUSSARD View Post
          The Z8 HydroLock tower will work as long as there is a battery hooked up in the boat - even if the battery switches are turned off.
          Dealer had an XT23 in the showroom with the Z8 and I thought the battery switch had to be on to operate the hydrolock to adjust the tower.
          '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
          '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
          www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

I’m gonna visit mine in storage tomorrow and figure it out for sure.

Comment

I'm almost positive the switch has to be on...
              -Tolman
              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
              '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

We have an X24 in our showroom and the hydrolock tower operates with the battery switch off.

Comment

On my 2022 XStar- S the battery switch has to be on to release the hydrolock and move the tower up or down.

2005 X45
                  2009 X45
                  2018 X46
                  2022 XStar-S

Comment

Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
                    On my 2022 XStar- S the battery switch has to be on to release the hydrolock and move the tower up or down.
                    Same here. Switch has to be on with mine as well.

Comment

Can now confirm, battery switch needs to be on for my hydro lock switch to work. XT24

Comment

Interesting - I was able to use the HydroLock tower on an X24 with both battery switches off. Must be a wiring issue.

Comment

On my 22 X24, I have to have the battery switch on in order to use the Hydrolock. I wish it would work with the switch off.
                          2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

So it seems the consensus is batteries need to be on to operate the tower. Booo!

Comment

That is one of the reasons I didn't like the power tower... you had to have the battery on, and then climb over/under the tower after you put it down. I guess now you have to put the tower down, climb over it to turn the battery off, then back over it to get out of the boat?

It also seems like the battery will go dead on the newer boats unless you turn the battery switch off. So that makes it even worse. I guess you could re-wire the solenoid so that it has power when the switch is off.
                              The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Working...
                              X