Looking for used Slalom ski for 225lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for used Slalom ski for 225lb

I bought my KD Cr-7 20 years ago and absolutely loved it but unfortunately have outgrown it by growing sideways. I'm not looking to run a buoy course but do like to cut up. I'm 40, 225lbs and LOVE to surf but when I see smooth water I would love to have a ski to strap on for my big ***. Just looking for recommendations. Thank you

Radar Terrain or if you can find a used one a Katana which is what it used to be called. Awesome ski, super easy to get up on. smooth in the water but if you want to play around and get more aggressive on it you can. The butterknife/session you would get bored with to quickly.

Comment

69" Radar Senate would be great if you want to feel like you are still a light-weight who could make a run at the course if one was available. Try Ski-it-again.com. I bought my last two skis from there.
      In fact there is a nice 2020 Senate Graphite with bindings https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/ski...m&postid=62343

Comment

I’ve got 3 different 69” slalom sticks here from performance to wide ride. Will find pics and specs and PM you, Duck. Widest is a Radar P6. All have laced front boot and RTP.

Comment

Ride the wave is out of stock on the katana. they are semi-local for me and if normally don't have the stock they advertise to. Plus that is a discontinued ski so that is a crazy price for it it especially considering the terrain(replacement) can be found often for that price. just my .02 cents. Either way that or the terrain is the one i would choose personally right now.

on a side note I have yet to ski on something as easy to get up on as the terrain, it is kind of spooky how easy it is to pop out of the water.

Comment

If you can find a Radar Butterknife, thats a great option as well.

Comment

I ride a 67” Katana with prime boots and love it. Although I am 5’10”, 175. I have suggested the butter knife many times here and from what I’ve heard they are an easy ski to ride. I can check with Action Watersports tomorrow at the boat show for suggestions if you’d like.

Comment

Based on your post, a 225 isn't that heavy, depends how strong you are. If you like to cut it up the butter knife is probably a bit on the wide and slow. The Katana was probably a better match than a butterknife for what you're talking bout - but both of those skis have been updated and renamed its like the session and the terrain.

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/ski...m&postid=62343

The senate options probably very good, the HO Omni would be a great one as well in a 69" and then there is a new ski that I would love to try this year I use a 67" syndicate omni and am looking for a new HO Carbon Omega Max this season as a second ski I ski locally and travel to the family lake house and ski and I'm getting tired of hauling my gear.

Comment

Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
                  Radar Terrain or if you can find a used one a Katana which is what it used to be called. Awesome ski, super easy to get up on. smooth in the water but if you want to play around and get more aggressive on it you can. The butterknife/session you would get bored with to quickly.
                  I will suggest you to visit toolsofchef if you want to get information about knives. They have shared a lot of things about knives on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmarrie View Post

I will suggest you to visit toolsofchef if you want to get information about knives. They have shared a lot of things about knives on their website.
                    Wat? lol
                    Tim
                    2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                    1995 MC ProStar 205
                    ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Originally posted by maxmarrie View Post

This might be my favorite spam bot quote ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X