Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swim Platform thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Swim Platform thoughts

    Does anyone know what type of material this foam type covering might be? I like to redo the whole platform again.
    thanks
    2001 X-Star

  • #2
    You can get a new pad made from a few companies.

    seadeck
    gatorstep
    vepo
    etc
    etc

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jj_phx View Post
      Does anyone know what type of material this foam type covering might be? I like to redo the whole platform again.
      thanks
      Is there a reason that you do not like the teak?
      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think I've ever seen a foam-coated wooden platform.
        Tim
        2021 Lone Star MasterBash
        Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
        1995 MC ProStar 205
        ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

        Comment


        • #5
          I would peel the foam off and clean up the teak.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GoneSkiing View Post
            I would peel the foam off and clean up the teak.
            That is my thought as well. I had never seen anyone cover teak in foam.
            Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jj_phx View Post
              Does anyone know what type of material this foam type covering might be? I like to redo the whole platform again.
              thanks
              Looks like some sort of bed liner or fender-well type spray-on. Appears it may peel off. I'd like to see the under side of it.

              Clean it then if you don't like the teak (if in fact it is teak), then put a sheet of Seadek or similar down on the top surface. Some of these ol' boys around here would run it through the local Line-X shop and be proud of the results. Truth.

              .
              93 190
              (safe click)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                Looks like some sort of bed liner or fender-well type spray-on. Appears it may peel off. I'd like to see the under side of it.

                Clean it then if you don't like the teak (if in fact it is teak), then put a sheet of Seadek or similar down on the top surface. Some of these ol' boys around here would run it through the local Line-X shop and be proud of the results. Truth.

                .
                Line-X on a swim platform? C'mon man this aint a malibu haha

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 01star View Post

                  Line-X on a swim platform? C'mon man this aint a malibu haha
                  I'm telling you truth...not out of the question for some of these folks around here. There is a truck I see around town often that has been sprayed entirely with Line-X type material. Just like a paint job... proud of it too.

                  But I get your point...not on a MC... but like I said...

                  .
                  93 190
                  (safe click)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That is just hideous wow. However I do not believe it is bedliner. I am probably wrong but it looks like they somehow glued down an antifatigue mat the platform somehow.

                    on a side note does this mean besides the ugliest tower award thread can we now have an ugliest platform modification thread?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I can't get past that tie down strap. What the heck is it anchored to?
                      Jerry

                      2020 X22
                      2018 XT22
                      2014 Aqua Patio
                      2003 Malibu Response LXi
                      2001 Malibu Sunsetter
                      1978 Ski Supreme

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
                        That is just hideous wow. However I do not believe it is bedliner. I am probably wrong but it looks like they somehow glued down an antifatigue mat the platform somehow.

                        on a side note does this mean besides the ugliest tower award thread can we now have an ugliest platform modification thread?
                        I agree...no telling what that is for certain.

                        .
                        93 190
                        (safe click)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by barneyferd View Post
                          I can't get past that tie down strap. What the heck is it anchored to?
                          You have to. Let it go. Move on...LOL.... :-)

                          .
                          93 190
                          (safe click)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was pleasantly surprised with condition of the Teak after removing the rubber coating. I will be resurface and re-stain it.
                            2001 X-Star

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jj_phx View Post
                              I was pleasantly surprised with condition of the Teak after removing the rubber coating. I will be resurface and re-stain it.
                              No stain please. Use a teak recommended treatment. I use linseed oil (75%) and mineral spirits (25%). There is an important due process (or less than desirable outcome) but results are top of the line. Easy peasy.

                              I suspected that may be the case as to what you would find. It is very salvageable.

                              .
                              93 190
                              (safe click)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X