Swim Platform thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

No stain please. Use a teak recommended treatment. I use linseed oil (75%) and mineral spirits (25%). There is an important due process (or less than desirable outcome) but results are top of the line. Easy peasy.

I suspected that may be the case as to what you would find. It is very salvageable.

This is the way to go, I did it the first time on mine last year and it still looks good.
    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

This is the way to go, I did it the first time on mine last year and it still looks good.
      Another vote for the oil treatment. Give it a good sanding to remove all of the old stains and imperfections first and the oil will make it look like new!

Comment

I will be an outlier and recommend penofin. It has lasted longer than oil.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

No stain please. Use a teak recommended treatment. I use linseed oil (75%) and mineral spirits (25%). There is an important due process (or less than desirable outcome) but results are top of the line. Easy peasy.

I suspected that may be the case as to what you would find. It is very salvageable.

This is the way

-Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
          X