2002 Prostar 197

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Prostar 197

There is one of these for sale near me and will be inspected and water tested this weekend. I am an old school skier who has never owned anything newer than a 1990 and am still working to update my 87 PS. That being said, a newer boat has some appeal as does fuel injection. Questions arise about the engine, it has 487 hours on the meter, and repairs available for a fuel injected engine that is 20 years old. Can anyone comment on these particular boats, I slalom a bit, and no wakeboarding or surfing in my world?

Which engine ?
    2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Honestly if you are in Florida I do not think the engine really matters. Either 350 will have plenty of power in the 197. You should have no problems as far as repairs are concerned. I like to bring a thermal gun to make sure that it is running on all cylinders. If it seems to run good and be well taken care of, it should be just fine. 487 is nothing on that engine unless it was really mistreated.
      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Ski it and see if you like it. It is a great boat!
        Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
        1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
        Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
        "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

I have that boat. I show ski a lot in it and it does every everything I need!!!
          2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

I have never been behind the 197 but being that the x14 is just an exploded version I would have to think that it is a great boat.
            Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Working...
            X