Boat Cover Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Cover Frame

Does anybody know of a source or have some tips to purchase or build a frame for my boat cover to keep water from pooling up? I’ve noticed that some people make them out of PVC. I’ve got an open slip but won’t be able to get in a covered one until next year. Just wanting to see if anyone has any ideas for the meantime. Thanks in advance. 01’ PS 190

A fellow here built a really simple yet effective frame for the same need you have. There is a thread here on it. It's on a 190.

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Do you happen to know where that thread is? I’m having a hard time finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by calhoun78 View Post
        Do you happen to know where that thread is? I’m having a hard time finding it.
        Well......yes......

You can find it here.

I suspect this is a pretty good setup. The guy is fairly savvy with his projects. I know he still uses this very setup now, realizing the thread is over seven years old.

Best on the cover system.
        93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

I’m not sure if you have a tower on your boat but if so, the HangTyte support system is a creative solution to prevent pooling water. Depending on the size of your boat you may need two, one for the open bow and another for the main cabin area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jwg0vIN9eY

FYI I don’t sell these or anything, but appreciate not having to mess around with poles. No matter how careful you are, they always seem to be in the wrong spot, scratch something when trying to store them, or the wind takes your cover and flails them over the gunwales.
          Last edited by jackpine; 03-09-2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks folks. I appreciate the ideas.

Comment

I made an extensive system for my PS209. It uses poles connected by nylon webbing and connected with standard plastic clips. Then the ends are clipped to the stern tie downs and some tie downs on the trailer. Sorry, no pics though. It is kind of a pain, but it has served me well over the years.
              Chris
              2001 Prostar 209

Comment

I went extremely easy and cheap on my old sled. PVC over the pylon, t-connection to a smaller OD pipe over the dog house to another t-connection, from there it was two 90's to the floor. Worked very well for my needs.

Comment

Working...
                X