7 foot Garage fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 foot Garage fit

I was wondering which Mastercraft vdrive models from 2007 up to present date would fit in a 7 foot garage.
    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

From what I've read, X1 will fit.

From experience, X2 will not without serious disassembly effort or other heroics
    Last edited by osmonet; 03-06-2022, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I know for a fact a 2007 X2 (I believe all x2’s are the same dimensions also) with tower folded down will fit it under a 7’ door. We had ours in our garage a cpl times. I had to air down the tires a bit on the tandem axle trailer.

Comment

A 7' tall door it extremely small and in most cases barely fit a full size truck or SUV. When considering getting a boat through the door you will have to account for the angle of approach from the driveway. Is it level? Uphill approach or down hill approach. These will greatly effect the height of the boat at the garage threshold.
        2005 X45
        2009 X45
        2018 X46
        2022 XStar-S

Comment

Mine didn't fit, have the dent on the upper trim on the garage door opening as a reminder. I missed it by about an 1 1/2". I think if I would have let out air in the tires and came at an angle it might have gone in. As a reference as to how low a 7' door is my Tahoe with a roof rack makes it in by about that same inch and a have.

Comment

Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
            A 7' tall door it extremely small and in most cases barely fit a full size truck or SUV. When considering getting a boat through the door you will have to account for the angle of approach from the driveway. Is it level? Uphill approach or down hill approach. These will greatly effect the height of the boat at the garage threshold.
            It is a level approach. It is unfortunate that the neighborhood only allowed 7 foot tall doors. My garage is over 30 foot deep so I do not really have issues with length but unfortunately the later v drives are difficult to get under a 7 foot door. I was hoping someone was going to surprise me with something that I didn't know.

Comment

Measure the opening height. A 7 ft door is the door most openings are less to allow weatherstrip.
              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

I fit my 2021NXT 20 in my 7' garage. My trailer had torsion bars and I indexed it 4 teeth and that dropped the trailer by about 2".

Comment

Originally posted by dt37803 View Post
                  Measure the opening height. A 7 ft door is the door most openings are less to allow weatherstrip.
                  It is a true 7 foot opening. I can get my x14 in with about 3-4 inches from the board racks when folded. (Highest point)

Comment

Originally posted by Ripler View Post
                    I fit my 2021NXT 20 in my 7' garage. My trailer had torsion bars and I indexed it 4 teeth and that dropped the trailer by about 2".
                    I am wondering if that would work for my case. I guess I might have to have a dealer bring one to the house to see if they can fit one in. I am really eying the x10s does anyone have any input compared to height of an nxt?

Comment

^The non maristar x10s

Comment

I see you have an x-14, so no surprise that an x-14V will fit. I measured mine at around 6'8" with the zft4 tower down.
                        https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...93#post2192293

Comment

Originally posted by rtw_travel1 View Post
                          I see you have an x-14, so no surprise that an x-14V will fit. I measured mine at around 6'8" with the zft4 tower down.
                          https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/for...93#post2192293
                          I figured that there would not be a difference between the v and dd. Only reason I would consider getting another boat though is so all the people that want to surf would be able to surf and I'm not sure the x14v quite delivers on that.

Comment

My 2016 x-10 fits in a 7ft garage. Needed low profile tires and dropped the torsion axle a bit. I have about 1/2” to spare.
                            2016 Metallic Blue X10
                            ex 1998 Sportstar 19
                            ex 1972 17’ Tahati I/O

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
                              My 2016 x-10 fits in a 7ft garage. Needed low profile tires and dropped the torsion axle a bit. I have about 1/2” to spare.
                              That is what I wanted to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X