Docking Light install on X24 - can't find wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking Light install on X24 - can't find wiring

I got the rubrail docking lights for the X24 and am ready to install them. I removed the two nuts on both bottom corners and removed the front cushion. I did have to remove the speakers to get to the nuts but other than that, it was relatively painless. Here's my problem - I can't find the wiring for the front docking lights. I've been checking around for the past hour, but can't find anything up front. Is it packaged with all the wiring zip tied by the speakers by chance? There doesn't seem to be anything in the front where the lights would go. Am I looking for wires with a deutsch connector? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Pic of the front without the cushion for those that haven't seen how it comes out.
    Attached Files
    2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

It should be right there at center of bow. Probably zip tied up in bundle on main loom harness. It is labeled and connectors a bullet style.

Comment

Dang, SDFoiler. Nice upgrade from the xStar!
        Former: 2007 X15

Comment

And that's why I love this group! Spent too long trying to find the wires - they were right where Wakejunkie said they would be. I must have ran my hand over the zip tied wires 100 times, but wasn't brave enough to pull on anything since I couldn't see up there. But tried that and lo and behold, the wires appeared! Thanks, Wakejunkie!!!

An hour later and I have docking lights. I used a dremel to cut through the stainless rail and plastic. I left the screws in the rubrail until I was done cutting and drilling. Drilled a hole with a 3/8 and then 1/2 drill. Extended the wires to the LED's about another foot to make sure they would be long enough. Nice easy project when you can find the wires.

Let's get this season started!

And yes, UpNorth - we are pretty excited to see what this X24 can do. Haven't ever ridden in one, so I hope it's everything I've heard about.

2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
            And that's why I love this group! Spent too long trying to find the wires - they were right where Wakejunkie said they would be. I must have ran my hand over the zip tied wires 100 times, but wasn't brave enough to pull on anything since I couldn't see up there. But tried that and lo and behold, the wires appeared! Thanks, Wakejunkie!!!

An hour later and I have docking lights. I used a dremel to cut through the stainless rail and plastic. I left the screws in the rubrail until I was done cutting and drilling. Drilled a hole with a 3/8 and then 1/2 drill. Extended the wires to the LED's about another foot to make sure they would be long enough. Nice easy project when you can find the wires.

Let's get this season started!

And yes, UpNorth - we are pretty excited to see what this X24 can do. Haven't ever ridden in one, so I hope it's everything I've heard about.

what year star did you have before? I currently have a 21. 24 and planning to sell it to move to a star. Why did you decide to get out of the star?

Comment

I had a 2013 X-star. Loved the boat but thought it was time to upgrade. I wanted to stay with a 24 foot boat, so didn't really look at the new X-star.
              2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

I did the rear docking lights this offseason, and pretty happy how they turned out, but cutting through the rub rail was not for the faint of heart. I didn't trust my Dremel skills so just took off the entire rear rub rail and used a mitre saw.

I noticed the factory installed front docking lights in my 2018 had a significant amount of black lifeseal marine sealant (on a black hull) so I did the same on the rear set.

Comment

I thought about adding the rear lights to mine. Not sure how much I would use them but think I recall somewhere was selling them cheap for $115 a pair

Comment

Originally posted by jackpine View Post
                    I did the rear docking lights this offseason, and pretty happy how they turned out, but cutting through the rub rail was not for the faint of heart. I didn't trust my Dremel skills so just took off the entire rear rub rail and used a mitre saw.

I noticed the factory installed front docking lights in my 2018 had a significant amount of black lifeseal marine sealant (on a black hull) so I did the same on the rear set.
                    I did this on mine but it seems that my lights are pointing up, did you have to install them upside down?

Comment

Anyone have the part number or link on MCPartsDepot for the rear facing docking lights for a 2021 X24

Comment

Working...
                      X