• Show
Clear All

• Older X-Star vs Newer NXT and other *** brands

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-18 091442.png
Views:	482
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	2701193

Opinions opinons opinons. I have my own opinion, but I like asking other people what they think. It's basically a bang for the buck question. Is an older picklefork X-Star 2003-2011 still a good value for 40-50K compared to newer boats and/or other brands?
    Cy
    2003 197 MCX PP

Never miss a good chance to shut up ~ Will rogers

2004 was the first picklefork hull, I believe. 2003 was still the 205V hull.
    2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

I think it depends on how much you want to surf. In any older boat, you'll need to either add a surf system or use shapers, etc... to get a surf wave. Boats after ~2012 have surf systems built in. This is why they cost so much! If you don't care about surfing, I think an older boat can be a great value. Personally I would avoid the 2001-2008 (or so) mastercraft boats because of the medallion gauge problems, reliable trailer problems. If you don't mind having to fix these systems a boat from this era can be a great value.

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
        2004 was the first picklefork hull, I believe. 2003 was still the 205V hull.
        Pickle fork star came out as a 2003 MY as well
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Pickle fork star came out as a 2003 MY as well
          Both Correct. My 2003 X is the 205V hull. Later half of 2003, was when the pickle came out.

Comment

Really depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking at wakeboarding primarily, it can be. If you're looking to surf, carry a large crew, and/or a do everything boat, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumi View Post
              Really depends on what you're looking to do. If you're looking at wakeboarding primarily, it can be. If you're looking to surf, carry a large crew, and/or a do everything boat, it's not.
              Thanks for the suggestion guys, I was searching for it online for my best friend who recently helped me in searching for a site online in which I can read Walgreenslistens survey. Now, it is my time to help him and I am so happy I found your post.
              Last edited by SimoneRichardson; 06-27-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X