Why do people do such things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people do such things

I didn't know where to put this but why would you do this to a teak platform

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/bpo...463335608.html

seriously why just why

I’m speechless……

Comment

so it isn't slippery??? my guess it will all fall off after about a week in the water... teak has allot of oil in it....

Comment

I've seen that on a few sit-down foiler boats. It keeps the swim platform from getting trashed with foils being placed on the platform/sliding off the platform, etc. And yes, it holds up for years. Granted, for the traditionalists it would never fly - but for those foilers who don't want a swim platform to look like it's been in a fight with a chainsaw, it works well.
        2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

Same people who boat around all day with their bumpers hanging out.

Comment

Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
            I've seen that on a few sit-down foiler boats. It keeps the swim platform from getting trashed with foils being placed on the platform/sliding off the platform, etc. And yes, it holds up for years. Granted, for the traditionalists it would never fly - but for those foilers who don't want a swim platform to look like it's been in a fight with a chainsaw, it works well.
            I can see that. We put carpet on our platform to prevent the chair from trashing the teak.

Comment

Any only $450!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
                Any only $450!
                Nice photo. When the ad goes dead, this thread (would have) will be useless to any logic. Thanks for capturing.

My complaint of linking photos and items. They eventually leave a hole in the thread / forum.

93 190
                (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

Nice photo. When the ad goes dead, this thread (would have) will be useless to any logic. Thanks for capturing.

My complaint of linking photos and items. They eventually leave a hole in the thread / forum.

100% Agree. It's always a bummer to read an old thread and not be able to see the boat because the link no longer works.

Comment

agreed thanks for the screenshot and the idea I'll definitely steal in the future. OK foiling i'll give a pass for but it is still hideous and a horrible thing to do to teak. come on at least do it to a beat up fiberglass deck and give that wood to someone who will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
                      Still can’t see it. I’ve been foiling with a teak deck for 25 years. A quick sanding and coat of oil and the teak looks new. I’d be more concerned with what that coating would do to the bottom of my board.
                      To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

Yep that is why I did it. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a post with craigslist or some other type of ad with zero chance of ever seeing what the ad even said.

Comment

I get on my Sky Ski on the platform and it still looks good!
                          2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Working...
                          X