Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 ProStar 205 Speedometers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1994 ProStar 205 Speedometers


    Does anyone have any experience in rebuilding / fixing the speedometers in the older MC’s?
    I cannot seem to get them the same or very accurate. Thinking of going with the Perfect Pass Stargazer for both speed control and to have accurate knowledge of my speed. Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    Go to these guys.

    https://www.nauticlaugic.com/

    Essentially they sell a GPS system that you can install into the factory speedometer, they also sell replacement gauge faces, glass for the gauges, needles etc.

    https://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglid...all_2022b.html

    They will install/refurb for you if you send it in the cold months and sell the parts all year if you want them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
      Go to these guys.

      https://www.nauticlaugic.com/

      Essentially they sell a GPS system that you can install into the factory speedometer, they also sell replacement gauge faces, glass for the gauges, needles etc.

      https://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglid...all_2022b.html

      They will install/refurb for you if you send it in the cold months and sell the parts all year if you want them.
      I have a Medallion version in my boat. It works great and was very easy to install. It wasn't cheap but it's designed to install without cutting any wiring, it's all plug and play.
      2000 Prostar 205V

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
        Go to these guys.

        https://www.nauticlaugic.com/

        Essentially they sell a GPS system that you can install into the factory speedometer, they also sell replacement gauge faces, glass for the gauges, needles etc.

        https://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglid...all_2022b.html

        They will install/refurb for you if you send it in the cold months and sell the parts all year if you want them.

        that looks so tempting for my 95 190!
        Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

        2008 Prostar 214 MCX
        1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
        Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

        "Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
        "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post

          that looks so tempting for my 95 190!
          It is just what people should do if they have gauge problems. You can also then remove the pitot tubes, associated plumbing, ballast etc.

          They sell two different kits, one is a self contained "internal GPS" which basically makes one of your speeds a nice GPS gauge, they also have a kit that allows you to feed GPS to two gauges using one sender - also a great item saves you a bit if you want two functioning GPS based gauges.

          They also sell the glass with out the hole for the speed adjustment knob if you want a clearner look.

          Its just a really solid product.

          Comment


          • #6
            I put one in my 2000 SportStar last year and works great. Easy to do yourself as well. I got the internal gps.
            2000 MC SportStar
            2017 SQ5
            2009 KTM 530 Exc
            2012 BMW K1300r

            Comment


            • #7
              What I need is the backing for all the gauges and ignition switch. 93 Prostar . Mine is brittle and I hate it when I have to get in there. I put in a new ignition switch and made a metal corner to put the screw clip on so it would have some integrity. To change it out would be enough of a job, let alone finding one. I thought about making one from scratch out of something, then covering it with black leather. Finding one is probably like trying to find a spring for a Prestolite distributor.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dbatteiger View Post
                What I need is the backing for all the gauges and ignition switch. 93 Prostar . Mine is brittle and I hate it when I have to get in there. I put in a new ignition switch and made a metal corner to put the screw clip on so it would have some integrity. To change it out would be enough of a job, let alone finding one. I thought about making one from scratch out of something, then covering it with black leather. Finding one is probably like trying to find a spring for a Prestolite distributor.
                Take a look here.
                93 190
                (safe click)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dbatteiger View Post
                  What I need is the backing for all the gauges and ignition switch. 93 Prostar . Mine is brittle and I hate it when I have to get in there. I put in a new ignition switch and made a metal corner to put the screw clip on so it would have some integrity. To change it out would be enough of a job, let alone finding one. I thought about making one from scratch out of something, then covering it with black leather. Finding one is probably like trying to find a spring for a Prestolite distributor.
                  They do get very brittle, I believe its ABS so you could buy ABS pellets and dissolve them in acetone in a glass jar, then you can use some acetone to soften the brittle backing and essentially brush on liquid ABS goo to glue it together from the back. Then you can let the acetone evap and it will be less brittle, a little heat gun action will chase off the acetone. This technique is usually referred to as ABS juice, ABS glue, or ABS slurry.

                  Beyond that you can fiberglass or jb weld on the back.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have an update. I went with the nauticlaugic gps dual kit. It is installed and will be trying them out tomorrow. More to follow.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good Thursday. I got the boat on the water this morning for the first time this season. Checked the new speedos against the speedometer app on my phone and they are both PERFECT! Very quick response compared to old ones and super accurate. Very very happy with my purchase. Directions and video we super helpful and email response was quick and on point! Highly recommend for anyone needing a more accurate speedometer setup.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the update. I'm getting ready to do the same thing and was waiting for the result. My Maristar only has one speedometer and the pitot is always getting clogged with the debris in our lake.
                        “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
                          Thanks for the update. I'm getting ready to do the same thing and was waiting for the result. My Maristar only has one speedometer and the pitot is always getting clogged with the debris in our lake.
                          With the upgrade you get to remove the pitot the tubes, the hose etc.

                          newer boats with paddle wheels they also sell a version that spits out a paddlewheel pulse which can run your stepper motor or digital gauges and can also run older perfect pass.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X