Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea on what the 2023 % price increase will be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea on what the 2023 % price increase will be?

From what I've heard the 2021 to 2022 price hike was 12% or so. Any guesses or knowledge of what the 2023 increase will be? Interested in possibly ordering a 2023 early once I get my 2021 x24 sold, but I cant sign a contract with a blank check as to what that increase will be.

Lots of financial people are predicting a recession. I'd be tempted to wait and see if anyone will be looking to unload a couple year old boat or a dealer that may end up not being able to unload one. 2008ish were terrible times and I certainly don't want to see that happen again but I bought my 07 X2 for a song in February of 09.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
      Lots of financial people are predicting a recession. I'd be tempted to wait and see if anyone will be looking to unload a couple year old boat or a dealer that may end up not being able to unload one. 2008ish were terrible times and I certainly don't want to see that happen again but I bought my 07 X2 for a song in February of 09.
      Yea we bought an '08 x2 in '09. People make these predictions last year too. How long have people been saying that about the housing market, I'm sure it'll happen but who konws when.

I'm still wanting to look at ordering a 23 and interested in people's opinions on here as to what that price increase will look like. Or better yet someone with some inside knowledge chimes in!

Comment

The truth is that nobody really has a better idea than the next guy does. Even if someone from Mastercraft told you what the price increases might look like, they have no idea what the market is going to look like a year from now. What comes up usually comes down to some extent historically and my two cents is that the prices will not be able to keep going where they are.
        Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
          The truth is that nobody really has a better idea than the next guy does. Even if someone from Mastercraft told you what the price increases might look like, they have no idea what the market is going to look like a year from now. What comes up usually comes down to some extent historically and my two cents is that the prices will not be able to keep going where they are.
          I thought we hit that point long ago. I was excited when getting out of college to finally be able to afford a new MasterCraft in about ~5 years. The prices climbed out of reach very quickly.

Guess we'll see!
          Tim
          2021 Lone Star MasterBash
          Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
          1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
          1995 MC ProStar 205
          ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
            I dont disagree with this, as history has shown this to be the case. What you will notice though, is that things rarely ever come back down to the level they were before a supply demand pricing increase hit the market. I think when the market cools down, you will see pricing stay at current levels as far as MSRP is concerned and then dealers will have other incentives to move product, such as low financing options or cash incentives if paying in full.

Comment

I hope we plateau very soon but somehow I’m guessing at least in 2023 they’re be another increase along the lines of 8%.

Comment

Inflation is at 8.5%, so my guess is 10%.

Comment

Heard a nasty rumor today at a dealer. 14%. Anyone hearing any more chatter about this?

Comment

Working...
                  X