Storage solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage solutions

Where does everyone keep all their stuff?? We have a new NXT22 I'm beginning to load up with the contents of our old boat. The coffin locker is HUUUUUGE and the overall amount of storage is unreal coming from an X2. It's a bit overwhelming having this much room. So, where do you keep all your necessary gear and equipment? How do you keep things neat, tidy, and organized? I installed the HyperRyd locker nets with the intention of keeping our vests in the rear lockers but only about three vests will fit. Pics are a plus.

Nice. Congratulations on the NXT22 ! We have an X30 and I thought the same thing. I use the coffin for boards, especially to keep the surf boards out of the sun. vest in rear lockers, ropes in rear corner seat, extra beer and food under the observers seat, and tools and spare prop under bow seats.

Comment

Here's what I do...
      Stbd. bow: Fenders and dock lines
      Port bow: Life jackets, other people's day bags
      Observer/Coffin: Boards, Saftey flag, more life jackets
      Port bench: Towels, snacks, bow filler cushion (when not in use), oars tucked up against the side just in case...
      Port corner: Batteries
      Stbd. corner: Toolbox, First aid kit, Spare prop, MasterCraft binder
      Stbd. bench: Cooler

The XT23 has these really handy storage trays on top of the bags in the rear lockers...
      Port locker: Ropes
      Stbd. locker: Shoes

There isn't a great way to keep things organized, but if you make a designated spot for everything you have, It'll stay pretty tidy.
      -Tolman
      '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
      '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Don't want to hijack, but after the first two responses, I do want to ask why folks are taking up valuable realty carrying a spare prop on board?

I always have a spare prop in a bag with changing hardware and tools in my truck when trailering and/or at the lakehouse when tied up, in the event I need it, but who's changing one on the water that necessitates keeping it on board?

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
          Don't want to hijack, but after the first two responses, I do want to ask why folks are taking up valuable realty carrying a spare prop on board?

I always have a spare prop in a bag with changing hardware and tools in my truck when trailering and/or at the lakehouse when tied up, in the event I need it, but who's changing one on the water that necessitates keeping it on board?
          I would be curious to know as well. Can't really really see a situation where it would be necessary.
          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

I would be curious to know as well. Can't really really see a situation where it would be necessary.
            I have two different vehicles I tow with and my boat lives on a trailer... I find it easiest to just keep it in one place where I can't lose it. I have room onboard, so I don't mind.
            -Tolman
            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
            '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

All great responses, thanks fellas. I'm not sure I'm a fan taking up so much real estate with the boards in the coffin compartment but I can see the use. As much as I don't want to have my jackets under a seat, I may have no other option. Unless I can split them between the two rear lockers I guess. I agree with the prop. I'd never attempt to change it in the water so I'd think a better spot for me would be in the truck with the necessary tools. Some really great ideas here.

Comment

I guess I should elaborate a little bit on the boards... I only keep them in the coffin when the boat is off the water. When we're on the water, the boards go in the racks/bimini and the coffin becomes a hodgepodge of everything lol
                -Tolman
                '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

Pro tip - disable the glove compartment storage unless you like melted chap stick, hair ties, change, half open bottles of tan lotion and/or sunscreen, hats that don't fit your kids anymore, 18 pairs of broken women's sunglasses, peanut butter pouches that were never supposed to be on the boat in the first place, a blackberry, "neat looking rocks,"

Ok I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                    Pro tip - disable the glove compartment storage unless you like melted chap stick, hair ties, change, half open bottles of tan lotion and/or sunscreen, hats that don't fit your kids anymore, 18 pairs of broken women's sunglasses, peanut butter pouches that were never supposed to be on the boat in the first place, a blackberry, "neat looking rocks,"

Ok I give up.
                    OMFG I literally laughed to this. When I cleaned our X2 out I threw away so much "stuff" that had just been labeled as glove box material haha. My kids are always bringing back "neat" rocks as well and its hilarious because they will never again think of any of them as soon as they go wherever I put them. We do have numerous bottles of sunscreen but I'm ok with that as it allows me to offer other options when I sternly tell whatever guests didn't abided by the preflight check list which specifically talks of "No spray sunscreen.. like at al.l I will make you leave it on the dock" There's always one. I'm hoping we can keep this one a bit more tidy with just sunscreen, charging cords, can coozies, and only two sets of spare glasses haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                      I guess I should elaborate a little bit on the boards... I only keep them in the coffin when the boat is off the water. When we're on the water, the boards go in the racks/bimini and the coffin becomes a hodgepodge of everything lol
                      Agh! This makes much more sense to me then. I'm fortunate I have dedicated storage for our boards and such when we get back to the house. All that comes off the boat along with any wet jackets to completely dry, and it allows me to open all the compartments and let the boat air out.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco47001 View Post

Agh! This makes much more sense to me then. I'm fortunate I have dedicated storage for our boards and such when we get back to the house. All that comes off the boat along with any wet jackets to completely dry, and it allows me to open all the compartments and let the boat air out.
                        Yep, same here. Whenever my boat is in the garage, all the compartments are empty and open.

As for the glovebox discussion, I'm off to a good start! Only 4 bottles of sunscreen, tube plugs, GoPro mounts, 10 different pens...
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                        '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

I boat on a river fed lake and I have had to change my prop 3 times while out on the water due to hitting woody debris. I absolutely wouldn't go out on my lake without a spare prop in the boat. I am not careless either. I have dodging debris 100% on my mind while driving and usually have one other person in the boat helping watch also. The power company that runs our lake only cares about keeping the shore line clean. I've made numerous complaints to no avail.
                          We defy the mafia!

Comment

All depends on how you’re using your boat.
                            We boat/houseboat at Lake Powell where we are often camped an hour or more from the marina. Not going to limp back that far to retrieve a prop from the truck. I’ve changed props on the lake a couple of times. (A pair of swim goggles or mask must be kept aboard, along with the spare prop)

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

I have two different vehicles I tow with and my boat lives on a trailer... I find it easiest to just keep it in one place where I can't lose it. I have room onboard, so I don't mind.
                              Gotcha, that makes sense
                              Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Working...
                              X