Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

And for the small price of $50000
    In fairness, that's close to what a small garage would cost you and this would take care of winter storage if you have a spot to park it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post

In fairness, that's close to what a small garage would cost you and this would take care of winter storage if you have a spot to park it.
      That is a good way to look at it.
      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

I had 2007 MC with factory cover and tonneau covers (I towed with both, not at the same time. Both covers held up great towing) and now a 2020 with factory cover and never had any issues with the covers damaging gel coat or windshield frame or towers. I always tow with the cover on for the plethora of reasons already stated. Covering the windshield and painters tape in contact areas is a great idea.
        Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
          Did it once and it scuffed the gel up pretty good on the XT22. Never again.
          x100 No cover
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Cover on and very tight, never had a problem with rubbing.

Comment

What about poles while trailering a good distance? Both in? I have a XT24 with an under tower cover.

Comment

No poles for me. But my cover is designed as a travel cover

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

x100 No cover
                  I know where you're coming from but I'm thinking of a situation I encountered this past week in my work truck.

I was traveling down a two lane hiway and met two gravel semis in a stretch of only five miles. They were untarped, and loaded with sand/gravel. I hit so much of it I was shocked. Like a wall of grit and rocks. I just thought about the poor people on motorcycles and in convertibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekcarlson727 View Post
                    What about poles while trailering a good distance? Both in? I have a XT24 with an under tower cover.
                    I use both, but I seem to be in the minority. I think the cover fits (and looks) a little better with the poles in.
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

I always tow with a cover. Mine fits skin tight and has never rubbed the gel coat.
                      Attached Files
                      1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post

I know where you're coming from but I'm thinking of a situation I encountered this past week in my work truck.

I was traveling down a two lane hiway and met two gravel semis in a stretch of only five miles. They were untarped, and loaded with sand/gravel. I hit so much of it I was shocked. Like a wall of grit and rocks. I just thought about the poor people on motorcycles and in convertibles.
                        In a situation like that I would have either pulled off and waited or lagged back far enough so not to hit the debris.
                        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

I use both, but I seem to be in the minority. I think the cover fits (and looks) a little better with the poles in.

Thank you!! Have several hundred mile mostly highway vacation, trying to do it right lol!

Comment

If the cover fits tight, I have had good luck towing with the cover on. On the XT22 and all 3 X-14's. The shipper towed my X14 from TX to MA in 2015 and hit rain on a freshly paved highway. There was staining on the seats from the asphalt wash that never really came out. And I've done this on 400 mile round trips and 1800 mile round trips. But the cover needs to be super tight. One time I had very slight rub marks on the first X14. I didn't cinch the ratchet straps tight enough.
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

no cover bring your cleaning stuff.... CA back to MN... the inside doesn't see much activity.. just the outside. with that said i would put anything that might blow out in the truck... if you have a loose seat or a bow filler cushion that isn't held in some how...

Comment

I hauled mine the 120 miles on July 3rd no cover this time. It went good. Saw only one semi truck the whole trip so that was nice.

Truthfully, I can't figure out how the old oem cover is supposed be used. It's got d-rings and crazy long straps that don't seem to have a logical place to attach to the trailer. Maybe for another thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X