What to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy

So I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a new boat or new to us. I’ve got my eyes on a 2018 XT22 with 55 hours or a 2021 NXT24 with 165 hours. The XT22 seems to have about all the options. The NXT24 also seems to be pretty well optioned for what’s available on those. We mostly surf these days, I still get out and slalom, we will wake board a little and the kids still love to tube. The XT22 is about 20k higher than the nxt. What’s the real advantage to the XT line over the NXT other than the comforts? Are the surf/wakeboard settings all the same? I know the ballast is different in the 2 boats. I don’t care much about the dual screens on the XT, it’s very cool but I’m all good with the standard issue stuff. I’ll be coming from a 06 X15 so anything will be an improvement over what I’ve got currently. This site always seems to have awesome information/opinions. So looking for some thoughts from you guys.

Anyone able to provide some insight on XT vs NXT?

Comment

Without seeing the listings it’s hard to compare. Which motors do they have etc. we have a 22 XT24 and that thing is awesome. I love the 24 foot boat and big pickle fork bow. The nxt your looking at is 3 years newer, so more warranty how important is that to you. The advantage of the XT over nxt to me is noticeable when the boats are side by side. We like the comfort and design of the XT better. And the X we liked even more. But we loaded out an XT and still stayed below the x on price. I would say test drive them both and pick the one that is right for your family. That xt barely has any hours and neither one will have the new surfstar system.

Comment

Standard issue XT is going to be equipped like an NXT that you pay for additional comfort and aesthetic options on. Can't speak to the structural or powerplant differences, but we LOVE our XT21. Great all-around, lots of comfort stuff(cool touch, rear seat, etc); only complaint is it lacks in slalom wake performance, but I am not sure there is a better boat that surfs well and still provides an "okay' wake for slalom

Comment

I have a 2019 XT22 that I still love every time I'm in it. That says a lot from someone who would trade every 2-3 years. The added creature comforts of the XT are nice (hinged seats, trash can, clamping racks, ZFT 4 (unless the one you are looking at has a ZFT2), over the tower cover and more. Which audio package does your perspective XT have? In 2018 they only had base and dual screen. The base will be more like the NXT stereo. The stereo in the NXT also uses smaller drivers on the Tower and sub I think.
          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

The 21 NXT has the 6.0. Has the ZFT2 tower. Seems to have more options for an NXT. The 18XT has the 5.7, dual screens, premium audio, and looks to be pretty loaded up. The warranty is a concern on the 18. The dual screens are awesome but I wonder how well they do long term. I could see that being an expensive repair if one of those go out.

XT options

2018 Mastercraft XT22

Ilmor 5000 (5.7L)
            55 hours
            Flush kit
            Premium audio package
            Dual screen dash
            Transom remote
            Comfort and convenience package
            ZFT4 tower with two black S85 cans, wake/wake rack, and wake/surf rack
            Gen 2 surf system
            Tracking fins
            BTS windshield
            Hydraulic seat lift
            Decadence flooring
            Transom walkthrough
            Convertible rear seat
            Bow filler cushion
            Dual batteries
            Onboard charger
            Towable Cover

Don’t have all the options for the NXT but like I said from what I can tell other than the tower it’s pretty well optioned. I know it has the decadence flooring.

I want the XT, just trying to convince myself it’s worth the extra 20k and not having the warranty isn’t a big deal

Comment

I personally do not have anything against the nxts as I like the "simplicity" of them and actually spend the most time in them out of all the newer boats. That being said, if I was getting another boat I would want the XT even if it meant that I was getting a boat that is a couple years older. You can tell that the quality is there with the nxts and they are well constructed boats but I feel that the XTs are just a step above and use more of the quality parts that I am used to seeing on a Mastercraft. Again, both would be great options. How big is the lake that you usually boat on?
              Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

How much warranty is left on the XT? If it was an early 2018 model, it could have a couple months of warranty remaining but based on the number of hours it could have been purchased/registered later in 2018 or even 2019 and would have over a year of warranty remaining.
                '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Well went ahead and decided to go with the XT22. Felt like I got a good deal. Now water just needs to hurry up and get a little warmer. Got to learn how all the electronics on this one works.

Comment

Wow, nice choice. I dont know what the NXT looked like, but there is no way you didnt make the right decision. Congrats!

Comment

Wow, she’s sharp! Congrats!!!
                      ¡Viva 205V!
                      2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Sharp looking boat. You made the right choice.

Comment

Excellent choice, the XT22 is a fantastic boat and that is a beautiful color scheme.

Comment

I own an NXT. Works for now but had you gotten the NXT, you'd be looking of the dual screen and upgrade to XT (on the next one). I started with the NXT out of the 2 (had NXT and XT at that time but price was 50K apart) so was largely b/c of the price and it was our wake boat (vs pontoon/bowriders). We wanted to see how our family used it (ensure we used it) before we moved up on the investment. Turns out we bought a boat house and now use it all the time so yep, looking at the next boat in the near future. ..........you made the right call - 100%!

Comment

Wowzah! That is a huge boner in sweatpants looking wakeboat. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X