Color Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    Oooff That looks horrible. That green is not even close to what they said it was going to be. You got hosed. They owe you a new boat
    Lol. you live in fantasy land if you think that.

Here is a screen grab from the XT 21 promo video. Looks like OP go the color they advertised. Boat is absolutely stunning, however I wouldn't have bought the boat upon delivery if I wasn't happy with the color. You can never get an accurate depiction of a color from an online configurator.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

the configurator is off for sure but when purchasing something at this level why even leave it up to chance? Its widely known that colors on computer monitors do not match real life colors. Your monitor settings alone could distort from what the MFG is intending to advertise and what the real life product looks like.

The green an black is beautiful! Probably looks even better sitting in a lake with all the other natural colors. If anything you should've kept up the darker tone theme an steered away from the grey an whites but upholstery can be customized any time. That's a beautiful boat either way, don't second guess yourself just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by aha2988 View Post
        the configurator is off for sure but when purchasing something at this level why even leave it up to chance? Its widely known that colors on computer monitors do not match real life colors. Your monitor settings alone could distort from what the MFG is intending to advertise and what the real life product looks like.
        Especially on the first year (I think) of a late risky color trend without a lot of examples. Configurator is not perfect but MC is not the only issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Lol. you live in fantasy land if you think that.

Here is a screen grab from the XT 21 promo video. Looks like OP go the color they advertised. Boat is absolutely stunning, however I wouldn't have bought the boat upon delivery if I wasn't happy with the color. You can never get an accurate depiction of a color from an online configurator.

do a google search of combat green and it’s the same color everytime. They gave the OP a Lima bean boat. I would be upset
          Attached Files

Comment

do a google search of combat green and it’s the same color everytime. They gave the OP a Lima bean boat. I would be upset

That isn't even a valid comparison. every manufacturer is going to call their colors whatever they want. OP got a boat that looks like every other combat green MC, they didn't mess anything up.
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

looks like the other Combat Greens I've seen.
              https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2022...t-x24-8165675/

Comment

The boat looks great. I mean really great. I understand the frustration. But a matte wrapped Lambo is probably not a safe go-by for gel.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoman View Post
                  You have a beautiful boat, one that is different from most others, which is what I bet you were going for in the first place. You have two choices- expend your energy on resentment and attempts to get the dealer and/or manufacturer to 'make it right' or make friends with the boat and rejoice that you are its lucky owner.
                  I’m working my way there…I just hate when a manufacturer doesn’t deliver EXACTLY what they sold me. At this price point ambiguity shouldn’t be part of the process.

Comment

Everyone seems to believe that computer screens don’t offer true representations of color pallets? With 4K resolution and hi-bit streaming I find that hard to agree with. The fact is, MC’s color palette from the website should match exactly what colors they mix up - or via-versa. If there is ANY variation, then the customer should be given the option to agree or change. What is driving me nuts, is MC is just saying it’s irrelevant! If a t-shirt company or my house painter can get a specific shade right from a palette of 1000’s, then so can MC.
                    And combat green is on the news every night - there isn’t much variation between Russian and US, and neither looks like what I have.

Comment

Again, the configuration vs what was delivered. Pretty obvious difference, and I took the pic in the shade too.

Comment

Originally posted by aha2988 View Post
                        The green an black is beautiful! Probably looks even better sitting in a lake with all the other natural colors. If anything you should've kept up the darker tone theme an steered away from the grey an whites but upholstery can be customized any time. That's a beautiful boat either way, don't second guess yourself just enjoy the ride.
                        Thanks! It’ll definitely be the only one…

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          Hmm. Color configurator never gives you an accurate representation of any color, but did you not see the 2022 boats on their website when They went live or did you order before then?

either way I think it is massively sick and you should keep it but I hear your frustration.
                          I did see the 22’s, but the XT21 that was combat green looked the same at a glance. It never dawned on me that they wouldn’t match - what manufacturer offers colors and delivers the “closest” they have?
                          Last edited by DHPRO; 04-21-2022, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post

The boat looks great. I mean really great. I understand the frustration. But a matte wrapped Lambo is probably not a safe go-by for gel.
                            No but combat green has a brown hue too it which is displayed in the lambo and in the digital sample MC displayed to the OP

Comment

Colors appear differently on every screen. This is why no color looks identical in real life to a graphic depiction on a computer screen. There are numerous articles on this phenomenon. https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/...ent-colors.htm
                              https://www.benq.com/en-us/knowledge...t-devices.html

"If a t-shirt company or my house painter can get a specific shade right from a palette of 1000’s, then so can MC." These examples are referencing physical swatches, not graphical depictions. The MasterCraft gel colors match the gel swatches that dealers have.

I am sorry the build did not meet your expectations, but that boat is the same color as every other combat green MasterCraft.

Comment

The online colors are definitely different than the actual colors, but I would think it would be close to impossible for MC to make the colors realistic online. It seems like there are many factors (that MC can't control) that go into making a color appear a certain way in the real world. As others have said, its unfortunate that your boat doesn't meet expectations, but it isn't any different from other combat green boats. I personally like it!

Here's another example of colors not matching. I actually think kahuna flake looks worse online.
                                Attached Files
                                -Tolman
                                '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                                '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Working...
                                X