Need some help with new badging placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with new badging placement

Surely overthinking this, but I'm really struggling with the new MasterCraft badging. Specifically where I should apply them and what guide points or frame of reference I should use to try to square them up to and look the best? Can you please take a look? The one difference between mine and the other pics down below are that mine are considerably smaller (not as wide).

Should I line up the bottom of the decals even distance vertically from the blue line? How about left to right, forward/aft? Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. I also have to be able to replicate the same thing on the other side, but the text will be reading bow to stern, versus stern to bow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	205V_ext8_small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	2702925

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	2702926
    Attached Files
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

I was always told you line up or level something based on the longest lines available to the eye. Meaning, your "straight line" should be the rub rail.

As far a left/right, I like where you have it in your mock up photo. The two photos above appear to have the end of the windshield landing in the middle badge set.

Comment

I agree with above... I'd use the rub rail as my reference, not your light blue line. Starting with equal distances from the rub rail to the top of the "M" and to the top of the "F".... and then stand back and give it the eye test.

Comment

Thanks guys. The "r" is effectively the center left to right. Here's the "r" centered on the end of the windshield frame, which coincidentally centers the "M" above the starboard side forward wheel What do you think? Do you guys think I should pull the entire adhesive backing off in one swoop, or try to do it more like SeaDeck and work from the center out?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1164.jpg Views:	0 Size:	236.0 KB ID:	2702934

¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

I think that looks great.

I have used a graphics guy and have had decals, emblems and full wraps done. He always removes half of the backing at a time when I've seen it done.

This is a very informative thread for me as I will be removing my black decals that you are installing and going with brushed. I just haven't decided if I will do it myself or have it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
            I think that looks great.

I have used a graphics guy and have had decals, emblems and full wraps done. He always removes half of the backing at a time when I've seen it done.

This is a very informative thread for me as I will be removing my black decals that you are installing and going with brushed. I just haven't decided if I will do it myself or have it done.
            Yeah, it's a little nerve racking. I'm going to have to wait for better weather so I can pull her out and stand back. I'm starting to think the rub rail is not a good reference point top to bottom. It's curved as well. If you look at the other owner's boat pics above, they tend to follow that bottom line more closely than the rub rail, although it could be perspective. I'll have to pull her out, try to level her the best I can and eyeball it from farther back. If they won't so darned expensive, I'd just go for it. I'm hesitant to roll the dice on someone else doing it.
            ¡Viva 205V!
            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

I went for it (at least on one side). Raining on and off and I just couldn't wait.

Really happy with the new look.

¡Viva 205V!
              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Looks perfect! Well done!

Comment

You should be happy. That looks clean and sharp!

Comment

looking great!
                      definitely post some pics on the water

did you use soap and let it dry, or just stick it on one-and-done?

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
                        looking great!
                        definitely post some pics on the water

did you use soap and let it dry, or just stick it on one-and-done?
                        Thanks! Nah, I was told by a couple of different folks not to use soap on these type. Not sure why, maybe adhesive, but I just measured about a bazillion times, tried using a laser level (no help) and marked it all off with blue tape. Once I committed on placement, I vertically taped down the center and started on one side. Did half, then did the other half. It's not rocket science for sure, but it is nerve racking given the cost. Going to do the other side this afternoon. Should I do one side satin white?! I do have a complete set of white. I think I'll save the white in case the black gets damaged. Super happy with it.
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Working...
                        X