Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini Top Color

Team,

I am adding a Bimini Top to my 99 Maristar 210. Just curious on opinions or suggestions regarding the sunbrella color. I have been working with Ian over at Only Inboards and he has been really helpful so far. Once I have it installed, I will add some pictures.

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

Ben

id go dark, the green looks good
    i think youd drive yourself crazy tryin to keep a while/light one from looking dirty

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      id go dark, the green looks good
      i think youd drive yourself crazy tryin to keep a while/light one from looking dirty
      ^ ^ ^ this

To the original poster williamsatown : have you price shopped yet? I use these folks for tops. Your call. Not saying anyone else is not worthy of their offers.

93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Black.... though in fairness, I always say black.

That said: I think that green would look sharp on your rig.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
          Black.... though in fairness, I always say black.

That said: I think that green would look sharp on your rig.
          I always say black or navy as well just because the dark colors hold up the best but I think the green would hold up similarly. Definitely not white though. It will look good for two weeks and then never the same.
          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

^ ^ ^ this

To the original poster williamsatown : have you price shopped yet? I use these folks for tops. Your call. Not saying anyone else is not worthy of their offers.

Slightly off topic, but is sunbrella necessary for a bimini? Cover I understand one needs perfect waterproofing and good breathability, but for bimini, how is the lower ranked summerset fabric in comparison if you or anyone has some experience with it.

Comment

All, thanks for feedback! That’s what I needed

on the fabric… on my last boat I ordered a Bimini from Overtons (standard red fabric). Within three years it was closer to pink and was stretched out. I looked like a hot air balloon riding down the lake.

I’m hoping the sunbrella holds up better. If I made the wrong call, someone just chime in and tell me I made the right one anyways.

thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by williamsatown View Post
                All, thanks for feedback! That’s what I needed

on the fabric… on my last boat I ordered a Bimini from Overtons (standard red fabric). Within three years it was closer to pink and was stretched out. I looked like a hot air balloon riding down the lake.

I’m hoping the sunbrella holds up better. If I made the wrong call, someone just chime in and tell me I made the right one anyways.

thanks!!!
                Sunbrella all the way.

93 190
                (safe click)

Comment

Any body know what brand this is? I’m wanting to get a ski rack, right now I am looking at the Monster Tower Rack. I figured I would ask the group for suggestions.

Comment

Any body know what brand this is? I’m wanting to get a ski rack, right now I am looking at the Monster Tower Rack. I figured I would ask the group for suggestions.
                    I have the exact same rack (and tower) on the new-to-me 2001 X30, so I'm in for the answer here.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

^ ^ ^ this

Those biminis seem nice. A bit pricey. I believe the tops on Skidim are cheaper. Have you heard or experienced any issues with the Skidim tops? Although, I don't mind paying more for a quality product.

Comment

Team,

I am adding a Bimini Top to my 99 Maristar 210. Just curious on opinions or suggestions regarding the sunbrella color. I have been working with Ian over at Only Inboards and he has been really helpful so far. Once I have it installed, I will add some pictures.

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

Ben
                        Out of those two colors... green. But black goes with anything.

Comment

Green for sure! (even over black)

Comment

Team,

Any feedback on post #9?

and I ordered the green!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X