Fuel Pump Replacement on 1995 5.7 TBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
    Sometimes the only solution is to figure out a real fuel pressure data logging solution. Not super cheap but useful.

Many generations of MEFI will allow you to disconnect a sensor and when disconnected fully the system will run off a "default" value so if a sensor is supposed to be reading say 1 to 5 volts - the unplugged value that is inserted might be say 3 volts. And that should be sufficient to provide a "normal" run condition or atleast faily normal.
    Interesting, I'll have to give it a shot. Any idea where I can find a diagram for these sensors (or perhaps a TeamTalk post)? Or should I order a service manual?
    Tim
    2021 Lone Star MasterBash
    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
    1995 MC ProStar 205
    ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

There are only a few, engine coolant, idle air flow etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
        Think I need to have someone professionally check the injectors on this TBI 5.7?
        I think it's worth doing and is really inexpensive. I don't think running cleaner through the tank is anything but a waste of money (imo) only takes a few minutes to pull them and send them out for cleaning and testing

Comment

This is the MEFI 1.2 diag which I've been using on my 94. You might test the coil and the pick up.

MEFI 1-2 diagnostics
          Last edited by CantRepeat; 06-02-2022, 04:23 PM. Reason: added the mefi file link
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Thanks for that source Tim. I've got my replacement TPS, so hopefully that works to solve this issue.
            Last edited by tmothy07; 06-08-2022, 06:51 PM.
            Tim
            1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
            1995 MC ProStar 205
            ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Update: that didn't solve the issue and I threw in the towel. I let Ace Marine know everything that I had done to it so far with no change in behavior and they dug into it. Turns out, it was a clogged valve/fuel line issue in the in-tank pickup. The material was what confused all of us, it looked almost like a gray concrete-y mud, and had hardened inside of the old hose and filter. It was evidentally causing a partial blockage sometimes (which accounted for the inconsistency of the issue). Any way, a new anti-siphon valve to replace the original, and a new hose/filter, and a nice clean fuel tank has the boat running like it's brand new. I suppose I don't have to worry about any fuel system part replacements for a while lol.
              Tim
              1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
              1995 MC ProStar 205
              ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Working...
              X