Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Bilge Pump

Team,

I am hoping to get some ideas on a second bilge pump that doesn’t require a second portal through the hull.

I have a 99 Maristar 210 VRS, no ballast, so only one bilge portal on the starboard side.

When we ride down the lake, water will build up under the engine and sometimes get into the back port side compartment. I was thinking of putting another bilge pump in the stern and running the tubing alongside the steering cable to the same portal. I don’t want to pump water back into the other bilge area, so I figured I would elevate the two hoses (similar to a dishwasher hose) right before it goes through the hull.

1- Do you think I could just splice into the existing wiring to run both pumps?
    2-Will the run from the back of the boat to the front of the boat be too much for one of the standard tsunami style pumps?
    3- is this a dumb idea in general?
    4- Any suggestions on a “Y adapter” to combine the bilge tubing? Did they happen to make anything like that with a check valve so it can’t follow in reverse?

Thanks for any advice!

Something like this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0989GLX1G...FAXREG20CKYC8Q
    2022 XSTARS
    2020 X22
    2019 XT22
    2017 XT20

Comment

I have the same boat, same year. You don't need a second bilge pump. You need to find that leak! Once I replaced my raw water pump last year and re-did my packing gland stuffing, my boat stays super dry in the bilge.

Comment

Originally posted by williamsatown View Post
        Team,

I am hoping to get some ideas on a second bilge pump that doesn’t require a second portal through the hull.

I have a 99 Maristar 210 VRS, no ballast, so only one bilge portal on the starboard side.

When we ride down the lake, water will build up under the engine and sometimes get into the back port side compartment. I was thinking of putting another bilge pump in the stern and running the tubing alongside the steering cable to the same portal. I don’t want to pump water back into the other bilge area, so I figured I would elevate the two hoses (similar to a dishwasher hose) right before it goes through the hull.

1- Do you think I could just splice into the existing wiring to run both pumps?
        2-Will the run from the back of the boat to the front of the boat be too much for one of the standard tsunami style pumps?
        3- is this a dumb idea in general?
        4- Any suggestions on a “Y adapter” to combine the bilge tubing? Did they happen to make anything like that with a check valve so it can’t follow in reverse?

Thanks for any advice!
        1) Yes. However my preference would be to have two separate (fused) switches. Both wired three-ways - ON / OFF / AUTO

2) No

3) No

4) This (or similar) on Scamazon. Don't forget the worm gear clamps.

I agree with robadele 100%. Get rid of the root cause of the problem and no more consequences to deal with.

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

Working...
        X