Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool video of Recovery of a $400K Pavati boat sunk in Lake Powell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    I’m more confused than a kid with no presents under the tree on Christmas Day who still believes in Santa. How does a ski rope pulll a plug out and sink a boat? Glad his family was safe though
    It doesn't, it was either staged for content or they did something extraordinarily dumb.
    Tim
    2021 Lone Star MasterBash
    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
    1995 MC ProStar 205
    ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

Either way it portrays Pavatti boats as once it starts to sink then its over..... I thought all new boats were equipped with built in flotation and would only go below the surface anymore. I didn't realize it could totally sink.

Comment

Can someone please post a pic of the plug he was using. He said it has a pin in it that came loose and the plug popped out. All the pics of Pavatis I have seen are normal thread in style plugs. I think that guy needs a colorectal cleaning for all his BS in that video.

Comment

I mean, he's doing something right to have the Pavati in the first place, let alone all the equipment to rescue it. I've met both Daves in person and they're both genuine people- I highly doubt he sunk it on purpose with his wife and kids on board. Some of you guys are crazy lol
          -Tolman
          '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
          '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Only thing we can reasonably assume from this video is that a boat sank. The rest is BS.

Comment

but how did the boat sink? i'm thinking they found one on auction or knew somebody that had a boat that was already sunk and totaled according to insurance, purchased it for pennies on the dollar, took it out sank it again, make up a huge story, then only put like 2 minutes of recovery in a horribly long video. basically clickbait like 99.99999% of the garbage on youtube.

Comment

Yeah, maybe you are right... it is definitely a different boat than the one demoed in this YouTube video from July 2021:

Are Pavati Boats Really Worth $400,000 Or Drastically Overpriced??
                Last edited by jackpine; 05-11-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

These posts pretty much sum it up for me:

No way... Mastercraft or Super Air Naut does the same thing and costs way less.7REPLY

Hide 2 replies

9 months ago
                  Better as well. This thing is all show, surf wave looks awful for 12k of ballast. Looks like a yacht wave with a tab down. The boat is basically a combination of every feature you don’t need to add a cool effect so people get interested. I couldn’t imagine trying to surf and having to use 15 separate instruments just to go once. Mastercraft and natique it’s a 1 touch screen press and a consistent massive wave for 150k1REPLY
                  A W

9 months ago
                  Plus you don’t look like a tool

Comment

Some things in that video appear to be not quite right:
                    - The only drain plug you can accidentally have a rope open is the rubber kind I use on my sunfish sailboat. See link. I can't see how you could loosen a typical screw in brass drain plug. If he did use the rubber drain plug, then he is a fool.
                    - Big discussion about life jackets in the beginning and then during a lot of video a large portion of the crew is not wearing life jackets.
                    - The recovery is just to promote their channels / brands. The Pavati salvage value has got to be almost nothing. The motor is gone, all the electronics are gone, the windshield frame is clearly broken, all of the upholstery is junk, they broke the front bow eye. Only other reason I can imagine is that their is a big fine for not recovering a boat you sunk.
                    Attwood Marine offers a broad range of boating and marine accessories. Visit us to find info for Snap-Handle Drain Plugs and to find out where to buy.

Comment

One thing is for sure..... If it was staged (I highly doubt), state DEC would have about $50-200k in fines lined up, along with charges..... And thats before the EPA put the smack down for doing something like that. They'll usually go easy on you if it is an accident, but deliberate sinking of a vessel carries serious consequences. IIRC, the full fine in a reservoir like that is $50k per day.

Besides that, he got a serious kick back from Pavati to promote their boats. I am quite sure that sinking one of their boats would not be kosher with Pavati, especially considering they have already had a seriously concerning amount of their boats sink........ Probably to the order of 50 to 100 times as many as anyone else on a percentage basis. There have been more than 20 Pavati's sunk in the last 5 years, and they only make like 10-15 boats a year. That would be equal to about 500-1000 MCs sinking every year. Not a good statistic for Pavati.

From what I have heard in the industry, they take a large amount of water in around the rear seats when weighted for surfing, and it very frequently overwhelms the bilge pump..... Then the rear gets lower, more water comes in, and more, and more, and more. Rinse and repeat (Or rinse and recover).

Comment

It looks like to me the drivers helm is bent from something hitting/landing on it which would have taken out the windshield as well. Why was the steering wheel covered? Count me in the 'probably staged event' crowd.
                        2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                        "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                        Taxation = Theft

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post

From what I have heard in the industry, they take a large amount of water in around the rear seats when weighted for surfing, and it very frequently overwhelms the bilge pump..... Then the rear gets lower, more water comes in, and more, and more, and more. Rinse and repeat (Or rinse and recover).
                          I agree that it was most likely operator error (I'm being polite). Those guys remind me of one specific "crew" on our lake. When something goes wrong, it's almost always the same people.

“You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

So is there no floatation in these? Or is it just not possible to provide enough floatation for such a heavy boat?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpine View Post
                              So is there no floatation in these? Or is it just not possible to provide enough floatation for such a heavy boat?
                              Its the NMMA that creates these standards and there is a different standard for Boats vs Yachts - this is at 26 feet. The Pavati being a 26' boat its NMMA certified as a yacht instead of a boat.

Which means that this boat really won't even have a capacity plate, so since there is no capacity....

Comment

I questioned a couple things on the original video, im glad he came out with this follow up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8woRgenI3jY

mistakes were made, a bilge line didnt get connected and the other bilge wasnt working, thats bad timing,

but i understand how putting his family at risk for views would piss him off, if you at all have any family value i think you would realize that doing this is a stupid idea.
                                2019 Xstar

Comment

Working...
                                X